Re: [arm-gnu] backtrace not working, eabi toolchain

Remy Bohmer wrote:

> We are using the Sourcery G++ Lite 2008q1-126 toolchain, and the Glibc
> routine backtrace() is not working.

Yes, this is a known limitation of ARM GLIBC.  It stems from the fact
that ARM chose to use a different model for exception-handling (and thus
backtrace information) from most other GNU/Linux systems.

We have made ARM aware that this is a serious concern of many users,
and, as a result, ARM has asked us to correct the issue.  We expect that
fix to be available as part of our Spring 2009 release, planned for
April.  We will probably make a release containing that functionality
available to our customers a month or so prior to the public Lite
Edition release.

Thanks,

--
Mark Mitchell