For about the last week when I try to log in the webpage goes to a dummy screen about '0 replies'.
The only way I can get in is by going to Supportnet and logging in there first (automatic login works fine there). Then I reload the communities page from my mail app (Outlook) and I'm logged in.
John - we will look into this and see what we can find. any add'l info helpful:
1. Have you tried clearing cache and/or cookies and trying again?
2. Could you provide some more detail on the "Then I reload the communities page from my mail app (Outlook) and I'm logged in." Do you mean you first try linking to comms from a community email you get, you get '0 replies' then you go thru Snet, and once logged there, try the link in the email again and it works?
3. Mind sending a screen shot that shows everything , even the url on the '0 replies'.
4. Has your email address changed since the last time it worked as expected on communities?
If you want to contact me directly, feel free: gordon_sorensen at mentor.com.
That is the way I do it also. I never have been able to One-Click reply, hence I rarely do.
.I also get emails when everyone posts, but I don't get emails when I post.
Patrick - are you having log in issues, too? Or are you just sharing that you follow a similar process? We ARE going to have one click response to discussion posts. We have tested it successfully, but just need to put the final tweaks in place so members are aware of what happens with images, formatting, etc.
In terms of not getting emails when you post, a couple of notes:
1. When you start a thread, the default setting is that when *others* reply to that post you should get an email notification. Go to Your Stuff> Preferences and look at your email settings.
2. if you mean that when you reply to someone else's post in the comms that you don't receive a mail with your post, the system doesn't generate that because you just posted it.
Let me know if I am misunderstanding.
I need to have a support login already open in order to reply using the
supplied reply link. If I am not already logged into support,
the reply link takes me to communities and I cannot login from there. Clecking the
login link does nothing.
Pat - Sorry for this hassle. Have you tried the few things I listed above for John? And you are using the same email for trying to log in to comms that you use on snet? "Clicking the log in link does nothing" - so you come to the comms log in page (not being logged into Snet), you enter your Snet credentials to the comms log in page (since it is single sign on), you hit the log in button, and ....nothing? No error message? No spinning browser element that times out? Just nothing happens? Same behavior on different browsers?
Pat - following up on this --- are you still having log in issues? John's seem to have been resolved.
It wasn't really fixed for me... I was still just working my way around it all this time because I didn't want to blow away my Firefox cache (who know's what's in there!). There was a change to the Supportnet site within the past month that did fix this though. I had to do a fresh 'remember me' on the site and now it works fine.
Sorry you had to work around it for so long, but glad it appears to now be resolved fr you. Yes, there were some improvements made to Snet, many of them performance oriented, so glad it took care of this issue for you. Let me know if anything else comes up.