Note: With every major release of PADS the exact access version requirement changes. These changes are not reflected in the information below. For a mapping of PADS release to version date, refer to Which PADS Flow release am I entitled to use?
- Upgrade to FlexNet v11.10 required on the license server (for floating/network licenses)
- For more details refer to: How and when to upgrade the license server for PADS Flow applications (video)
- FlexNet 11.10 discontinues support for a number of parallel port hardware keys, including the SSI/Pink and CPLUS keys.
- For more details refer to: Important licensing changes in PADS9.5
- PADS Suite Configuration functionality is introduced, to control license consumption problems in the PADS Layout, Logic, and Router, products.
- For more details refer to PADS9.4 introduces functionality to control PADS Suite license consumption
- Re-designed PADS Flow installation
- For more details refer to How to install the PADS Flow software?
- Windows 7 support added (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Upgrade to FlexNet v11.6 required on the license server (for floating/network licenses)
PADS9.1 + Update 1
- PADS Logic "Create PDF" option no longer requires the plogpdf license (no license is required for this functionality).
- PADS Logic can also be invoked with a viewdraw license (or any composite/suite license that contains this atomic license).
- Introduced the PADS Layout "Create PDF" functionality (feature: pwrpdf)
- PADS Logic license (viewdraw040) delivered as a composite license, in one of the following features, and also in any older PADS Logic composite/Suite license (Ex: padspel_c):
- dxdesigner040_c (DxDesigner 040)
- padsls_c (PADS LS Suite)
- padses_c (PADS ES Suite)
- Above mentioned composite licenses include support for pre-9.0 versions of PADS Logic (but will NOT run pre-9.0 versions of DxDesigner).
- PADS Logic requires the viewdraw040 license (no longer runs with the plogshell license).
- viewdraw040 license will run DxDesigner, but without support for concurrent design editing functionality
- viewdraw license (or Suite license containing it) is required for concurrent design functionality in DxDesigner
- Added support for Windows Vista, for all products
- Added support for Windows Vista, but only for PADS Layout/Logic/Router
- Support discontinued for Windows 2000
- Introduced the SDD_USELOCALENV functionality, enabling non-Administrator users to run the Configurator to switch PADS Flow versions.
- Refer to the Who Can Run the Configurator chapter in the Managing Mentor Graphics System Software manual for more details. This document can be found in the release_documents folder in the download.
- Upgrade to v10.8 required on the license server (for floating/network licenses)
- Introduced the PADS "Flow" installation (includes more products)
- PADS Flow installation moves from InstallShield install to Mentor Install Program (MIP).
- Default (and recommended) installation location moved to C:\MentorGraphics
- Delivers the Configurator for switching between different versions of the PADS Flow.
- Environment variables are now written at the system/machine level not the user profile level.
- Upgrade to FlexNet v9.5 required on the license server (for floating/network licenses)
- PADS Logic requires a plogshell license. The plogshell license feature may show up in the license file, or it may be hidden in a composite (a.k.a. "Suite") license, for example: padscrl_c
PADS2004 SPac 1
- PADS-Designer no longer delivered (for schematic capture)
- DxDesigner is now delivered (for schematic capture)
- Transitioned from the psidaemon license daemon to the mgcld (Mentor Graphics) license daemon.
- FlexNet v8.2 required for the license manager (for serving floating/network licenses)
- Support added for USB (FLEXID=9) hardware keys