Based on our initial testing a mobile compute license (also known as "nodelocked uncounted") for a USB key can work under "XP Mode" on a Windows 7 machine, but there are some key steps involved. See below for a demonstration and instructions.
- This is not a supported configuration. If this method does not work you should consider moving to a physical XP machine or a floating/network license.
- For more information on PCB Products on Virtual Machines refer to: http://supportnet.mentor.com/systemreqs/pcb_virtual.cfm
- Open the XP Mode machine:
- Start Menu > Windows Virtual PC > Windows XP Mode
- To download XP Mode refer to http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.aspx
- Once the XP Mode machine has opened:
- Click to the USB menu at the top of the XP Mode window.
- If you have the key plugged in to your physical Windows 7 machine, you should see the HASP HL 3.25 Attach option. Select this option which attaches the USB key into the virtual XP Mode machine
- Note: The USB key will no longer function on your physical Windows 7 machine, until which time you detach if from the XP Mode machine (also from the USB menu)
- Navigate to the Tools menu in the XP Mode machine.
- Select the Disable Integration Features option
- Note: This option needs to be disabled each time you start your XP Mode machine.