New Version 4
Corrected problem with Virtual Pins
New Version 3
The Snaphot.efm VBScript will create a "SnapShot" of an Expedition PCB to be used with its "Diff" functionality that compares the SnapShot File with an opened Expedition PCB. It will mark reported locations/vertices on a user layer called "SnapShotDiff". Trace/Edge segments may be marked additionally with a line. The SnapShot function will generate a user named file and location, where the default is named "PRSnapShot.txt" (where PR = Place & Route) and by default is placed in the PCB folder. The "Diff" function will result in a file called "PRCompare.text" and placed in the PCB\LogFiles folder and thus viewable in Expedition's Fileviewer. Diff will report differences in the following "Data Sections":
- Layer Structure
- Board, Routing, Manufacturing Outlines
- All Obstructs
- Placement Obstructs
- Rule Areas
- Route Fences
- Pin Pads
- Via Pads
- Mounting Holes
- Conductive Areas
- Plane Shapes
- Fabrication Graphics
- Fabrication Texts
Diff will also report Duplicate Items found in the SnapShot file (resulting from duplicate items found and written to the SnapShot file from the source design). These duplicates are not checked hence may also be reported as missing in the Design.
There are currently 6 options, which are saved to the SnapShot file (which are read and used by "Diff" regardless of the settings in the dialog):
- "Include Net Names" - If unchecked, only the physical item is checked, disregarding net names (where netnames may have been renamed)
- "Include Pads" - If Unchecked, does not include Pin & Via Pads to decrease the amount of data to check (resulting in faster execution)
- "Include Fiducials" - If Unchecked, does not include Fiducials to decrease the amount of data to check (resulting in faster execution)
- "Include Fab Text" - If Unchecked, does not include Fabrication Text Items to decrease the amount of data to check (resulting in faster execution)
- "Include Fab Graphics" - If Unchecked, does not include Fabrication Graphic Items to decrease the amount of data to check (resulting in faster execution)
- "Use Gen'd Plane Outlines" - Depending on the state of planes in the design, if unchecked will only check the Plane Shapes.
A limit of 1000 Diffs is imposed on each "Data Section" outlined above, to prevent problems arising from memory and file size limitations.
A third function "Pan" can be used to Pan the board view to a specified x,y location. You can copy & paste from the logfile or type it in. Set your desired view size first as it does not zoom.