There are times when updating to a newer mgls.dll is required to fix a licensing-related defect. The Mentor License Utility includes functionality to automate the updating of all older version copies of the mgls.dll files in a target installation area.
(Embedded movie requires Flash. Click here to view MPEG-4 version)
- Download the "Full" version of the Mentor License Utility from SupportNet
- Run the Mentor_License_Utility_INSTALL.exe which extracts all the program files, creates a shortcut*, and launches the Mentor License Utility program. (See README.txt for version information)
- Navigate to and select the Tools > Update File > Mgls.dll > Current FlexNet version menu item.
- The File Replace Options dialog will appear. Make sure all checkboxes are selected and click the Next button
- Browse to the directory where the Mentor Graphics software is installed to (for example: C:\MentorGraphics\9.3.1PADS) and click OK
- Wait for all the mgls.dll files to be updated. This can take a few minutes or more.
- Once complete a notification of all files updated will be given. Click Close to exit the dialog, and File > Exit to exit the Mentor License Utility program.
* A shortcut to the Mentor License Utility is created under Start > Programs > Mentor Graphics License Utility