Key 2014.3 Highlights
Please join our technical team as they review the new features of the 2014.3 Calibre Design Solutions release:
Physical Verification ( View release highlights video - 4 minutes )
- Calibre® nmDRC: The LAYOUT PATH statement has been augmented to enable BUMP functionality for subsequent files listed.
- Calibre® Pattern Matching: Pattern clustering GUI revamped for easier understood input options.
- Calibre® 3DSTACK: Pin objects with duplicate texts are no longer reported as multi-text errors.
- Calibre® Utilities: FDI new option can flatten vias and keep net info making net based checking easier for downstream Calibre tools.
Circuit Verification (View release highlights video - 17 minutes)
- Calibre® xACT: Calibre® xACT is now available for our customers who are using Advanced Process nodes like 16nm and 14nm. The new tool is divided into Transistor and Digital parasitic extractor as well as a 3D Field Solver for when higher accuracy is required. To simplify extraction and reduce runtime, Calibre® xACT only requires a single command line to produce a parasitic netlist.
- Calibre® nmLVS: Calibre® nmLVS now has the ability to separate LVS comparison properties and those which are not being compared. By separating how these types of properties are handled, Calibre nmLVS can reduce seed promotion, memory usage, and runtime. Use DEVICE SEPARATE PROPERTY ANNOTATION to define those properties which are not needed for LVS comparison.
- Calibre® PERC: The -opaqueCell option is now supported for rule checks in all Math Commands, perc::get_instances_in_parallel, and perc::get_instances_in_series while previously it was only available in the initialization procedure.
Interfaces (View release highlights video - 6 minutes)
- Calibre® DESIGNrev: Net Extraction Returns Incremental Results so that users can begin to view and debug a large net while it is still being highlighted.
- Calibre® Interactive: You can now specify Additional SPICE Netlist Files in LVS/PERC/PEX options which can help to declutter the source input so the additional library SPICE modules need not be added there.
- Calibre® RVE: Filters on Finder Tab Apply When Expanding Nodes for Some Search Results which can help users to focus where net connects on a layer of interest.
Top Solutions & Tips (Based on recent interactions with Calibre users):
- Calibre® Interactive: How to easily setup Calibre in Virtuoso for multiple cell windows
- Calibre® nmDRC: How to generate Calibre XOR Rules for Oasis and GDS database Compare
- Calibre® nmLVS: Incorrect comparison for a cell instantiated in a design due to seed promotion
- Calibre® 3DSTACK: Display 3DSTACK results in DESIGNrev