Key 2014.4 Highlights
Please join our technical team as they review the new features of the 2014.4 Calibre Design Solutions release:
Physical Verification (View release highlights video - 5 minutes)
- Calibre® nmDRC: With the new GLOBALNETID function you can now identify hierarchical nets with DFM PROPERTY.
- Calibre® Pattern Matching: Flexible Extent Patterns now allow you to specify a dynamic extent that reduces in size in conjunction with a constrained pattern edge.
- Calibre® 3DSTACK: System Netlist Generator (SNG) can now easily create full device netlist for complex stacked systems and represent all source netlists for 3d assembly with multiple die.
Circuit Verification (View release highlights video - 10 minutes)
- Calibre® xACT: As technologies get smaller and smaller, xACT is improving memory performance to keep up with the increased amount of data generated by designs down to 10 nm.
- Calibre® nmLVS: To make LVS easier for our customers who use LVS BOX, we have added the ability to define Black Box and Grey Box cells. As well, we can now define swappable pins for these blocks.
· Calibre® PERC: To assist our customer with reducing the runtime of Calibre® PERC when millions of waivers are present, Mentor Graphics has dramatically improved the performance of waiver processing in 2014.4.
Interfaces (View release highlights video - 6 minutes)
- Calibre® DESIGNrev: ASCII RDB files containing polygons with more than 8192 vertices can now be read by DESIGNrev which will allow results from tools such as PERC LDL to be read.
- Calibre® Interactive: A unique name is now used for the script created for each DRC HTML Report run making it easier to create different HTML reports.
- Calibre® RealTime: Calibre RealTime will now output error and warning messages to the Cadence CIW window making those easier to view in the native environment.
- Calibre® RVE: You can convert results from an ASCII format Calibre results database (RDB) to error markers and route guides in Synopsys IC Compiler which allows you to use familiar ICC tools for debug.
Top Solutions & Tips (Based on recent interactions with Calibre users):
- Calibre® Interactive: Saving Check Selection Recipes in Calibre Interactive
- Calibre® nmDRC: New DFM Function GLOBALNETID
- Calibre® RVE: How to guide user input waiver comments with Calibre RVE waiver template (2 minute video how-to)
- Calibre® xRC: Calibre xRC is capitalizing port names in the output SPEF netlist