June 20, 2018
Updates to the Custom Footprint Generator:
- Compliant with JEDEC standards JESD30H and JEP30-P100
- New Package Outline Types: Array Type, Long-form, Discrete, Connector, and Switch
- New Terminal Types: J-Bend, J-Inverted, L-Bend, S-Bend, and Wraparound
- New Terminal Positions: End and Single
September 27, 2017
- Added SamacSys as a supplier of symbols and footprints bringing thousands more parts with pre-built EDA content to PartQuest!
August 22, 2017
- Support for surface leads extending to the edge of the body including castellated, wettable and non-wettable, and D-Shape.
- Update to improve logging in to Mentor.com credentials.
- Bug fixes to the website.
July 13, 2017
- Support for packages with missing leads. This enables the creation of asymmetric pin layouts.
- Removed the Digi-Key login requirement. You no longer have to create a Digi-Key account or provide you Digi-Key credentials when logging into PartQuest.com.
May 1, 2017
- The supported product list was changed from Designer to the new PADS Maker and PADS Maker Pro products.
The full list of the currently supported products is at PCB Tools supported with PartQuest.
- Try PADS Maker for FREE at: PADS Maker and PADS Maker Pro - Mentor | DigiKey
March 20, 2017
- Added C-Bend Lead Form to the SOIC footprints. The footprint creation wizard now includes support for C-Bend lead forms.
January 27, 2017
- Introducing Footprint Creation to PartQuest. A guided wizard helps you capture the physical details of your part. An engine then generates footprints according to the IPC7351B standard. (Details) This initial release covers a limited number of package types. Support for additional part types will be added incrementally.
- Allow automated and batch import of downloaded EDX files to xDM Library Tools.
- Bug Fixes.
October 20, 2016
- More Digi-Key part numbers with symbols and footprints. Now at 705,000 Digi-Key part numbers with Accelerated Designs symbols and footprints.
April 21, 2016
- Introducing Symbol Creation to PartQuest. After providing a pin list, PartQuest will generate a symbol for you. Don't worry with pin spacing and other symbol details. Focus on capturing the pin list and let PartQuest do the rest. (Details)
- Removed unnecessary space in Accelerated Designs provided symbols.
- Fixed bug during DigiKey authorization.
February 3, 2016
- 230,000 more Digi-Key part numbers with symbols and footprints. 680,000 Digi-Key part numbers now available with Accelerated Designs symbols and footprints.
- xDM Library Client — Supplier Part and Manufacturer Part are mapped to user specified partition.
- Bug fixes
November 3, 2015
- Fixed bugs in PartQuest desktop integration.
- Added support for Xpedition VX.1.2 release import menu.
October 22, 2015
- Improved the setup for desktop integration.
October 8, 2015
- PADS Integrated support (VX.1.1 and above) (Details)
- PADS Professional support (VX.1.1 and above) (Details )
- Xpedition Enterprise support (Windows only, VX.1.1 and above) (Details)
- Download part attributes, symbols, and footprints through your browser instead of using Dropbox.
August 10, 2015
- Search for Parts with EDA symbols and footprints. (Details)
- Allow users to map Partitions to their specific Partition names. (Details )
- The Desktop integration utilities will now notify you when a new install is available (You must update to the latest installer to see this feature)
May 29, 2015
- General release of PartQuest support for the PADS Netlist flows.
- Allow users to map Digi-Key property names to user specific names. (Details)
- PADS Netlist import utility supports viewing PartQuest DxDatabook data with existing user DxDatabook data (Details)
May 12, 2015
- Bug fix: Searches containing a ‘%’ return all parts.
April 21, 2015
- 88,000 more Digi-Key part numbers with symbols and footprints. Now at 448,000 Digi-Key part numbers with Accelerated Designs symbols and footprints.
- Ability to Favorite parts.
- Updated layout of Tool Integration page.
April 8, 2015
- Improved search performance.
April 3, 2015
- BETA release of PartQuest support for PADS Netlist flows.
- Download to specific PADS DxDatabook table.
- Recall download location and reuse for future downloads from the same Digi-Key sub category.
March 20, 2015
- Improved / more intuitive user interface
- Organize parts in projects
- Download parts directly from a search
- Configurable search view
- Dynamic number of columns. Maximum number of columns shown for your browser size
- Additional part details visible in drawer
March 2, 2015
- 11,000 more Digi-Key part numbers with symbols and footprints. Now at 448,000 Digi-Key part numbers with symbols and footprints.
January 15, 2015
- Improved Digi-Key account association process.
November 4, 2014
- Initial release
- Searching of Digi-Key part database
350,000 Digi-Key part numbers with symbols and footprints available