Linux Installation Requirements
Your installation requires the following items:
- A workstation running Red Hat Enterprise Linux version 5 or 6 for the i386 or x86_64 platform.
- A Windows computer on the same network as the Linux workstations to run the Sentinel License Manager.
- Hardware lock - This is a small device that attaches to the USB port on your computer.
- Tanner License Update file - (.TLU extension) should have been sent to you as an e-mail attachment.
Note: If you do not have administrative rights, you will be prompted to enter the Administrator password.
- Enter the Administrator password
- Select the SELinux Tab and change the SELinux Setting to Disable
- Click OK
Run the install script
At the terminal type the following commands and press Enter after each command.
- Type your Administrator password
- cd /media/<DVD Name>/Linux/
- sh tanner-XXxx-rhel<version>.bin
Where XXxx is the Tanner Tools version number and <version> is your Red Hat version (either 5 or 6).
- Select View and click on "Show Hidden Files"
- Open the .bash_profile file with a text editor
- Add both export lines displayed at the terminal to the end of the file and save it
- Logout and Login for the changes to take effect.
- Type tenv and press Enter
- Select "All licenses are obtained from one network server"
- Under "Server 1", please type your server's hostname or IP address
Run Tanner Tools
- Select Applications > Accessories > Terminal
- Type the executable name for the program you want to run and hit Enter.
- ledit for L-Edit
- sedit for S-Edit
- tspice for T-Spice
- lvs for LVS
- wedit for W-Edit
Uninstall Tanner Tools
To uninstall, delete the /opt/tanner-XXxx-rhel<version> folder and the /opt/tanner symlink, where XXxx is the Tanner Tools version number and <version> is your Red Hat version (either 5 or 6).