Use case description:
The script will list all components, fiducials, vias, and plated mounting holes that are missing all pads, regardless if the user intended for them to be removed or not. In some cases, these missing pads are on “unmodified” padstacks thus Batch DRC does not find them as a violation. Therefore, the script is the best way to find these types of missing pads.
Procedure to run the FindMissingPadsV2 script:
- Open the design in xPCB Layout
- Drag the script and drop it onto the layout window for it to run automatically. Alternatively, you can type within the pcb view window "run <full pathname>FindMissingPadsV2.vbs"
- There will be a popup dialog that will ask if you want the script to show only missing surface mount pads. Answer yes to only see missing surface mount pads shown in the results. Answer no if you want to see a full list.
- After completion, results will appear in the output window.
- If pads are missing, each line in the output window contains a link to the location of a suspected missing pad.
- Manually examine each part listed by the script to validate if the reported missing pads are intended or not.
This script is not officially supported, so please use at your own risk.
' DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY: Unless otherwise agreed in writing,
' Mentor Graphics software and associated files are provided "as is"
' and without warranty. Mentor Graphics has no obligation to support
' or otherwise maintain software. Mentor Graphics makes no warranties,
' express or implied with respect to software including any warranty
' of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
' LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Mentor Graphics is not liable for any property
' damage, personal injury, loss of profits, interruption of business, or for
' any other special, consequential or incidental damages, however caused,
' whether for breach of warranty, contract, tort (including negligence),
' strict liability or otherwise. In no event shall Mentor Graphics'
' liability exceed the amount paid for the product giving rise to the claim.