Which version of the software? In some circumstances this is deliberate, it is to indicate to the user that the net inherits the global signal name, usually where it overrides an already named net where the name is invisible. Though testing with VX.2.2 I cannot get the situation where the visibility changes with the net name inheritance, so the behaviour may already have changed.
Running latest VX.2.2 update 1
Well we are seeing it do this when you have a few a few pins you want connected to ground
but just connect then together first, then add the gnd symbol, it will add a net name to connection line.
Gotta say it is very annoying!!!
There isn't a way to disable this though you can probably avoid it by adapting how you connect the Tap (power/ground) symbol. If you draw the net to connect to the symbol it will show the name, if you move the symbol to connect with the net it won't (at least in my quick test). make sure there is a stub to connect to.
1 of 1 people found this helpful
We experience the same unwanted behavior on VX2.2 u4.
Maybe Robert, you can add this to a VX feature improvement list without opening a dedicated idea for this small issue.
I stumbled over this type of unwanted behavior in a schematic file I worked with in PADS Logic the other day.
Trying to find any remedy in this forum I ended up in this thread, but didn't find any cure for this behavior here.
After trying to change almost every setting there is in order to get rid of the unwanted extra text at the power and ground symbols, I finally come to think of the classic "ASCII out and ASCII in" used in PADS Layout for getting rid of strange anomalies.
At first exporting and importing the schematic didn't do the trick, but when I compared the exported txt-file towards an old schematic where things worked as intended, I found a difference.
In the general parameters at the beginning of the text file, I found a parameter called "NNVISPWRGND" which in my case with the schematic having the unwanted behavior was set to "1". After changing this to "0" and reimporting to a fresh schematic the unwanted behavior was gone.
It worked perfectly in my case, hope it will work for all of you also.