1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 30, 2012 6:14 AM by yu.yanfeng

Need Expedition viewer that works

david.royle

I have been given a .zip folder containing an Expedition pcb layout,  I need a reader for viewing.

The unzipped folder contains a /LogFiles/PCBVersion.txt file that indicates the following:

Expedition PCB - Pinnacle Version: 2011.0.469.794

Environment Variables:
      ----------------------
      HOME = "C:\Home"
      HOMEDRIVE = "P:"
      HOMEPATH = "\"
      MGC_ENABLE_CES = "1"
      MGC_HOME = "C:/MentorGraphics/7.9.2EE/MGC_HOME.ixn"
      OS = "Windows_NT"
      PATH = "C:\MentorGraphics\7.9.2EE\SDD_HOME\xe\win32\lib;C:\MentorGraphics\7.9.2EE\SDD_HOME\wg\win32\lib;C:\MentorGraphics\7.9.2EE\SDD_HOME\common\win32\bin;C:\MentorGraphics\7.9.2EE\SDD_HOME\common\win32\lib;C:\Program Files\Dell\DW WLAN Card;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTSystem\;C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\;C:/MentorGraphics/7.9.2EE/MGC_HOME.ixn/bin;C:/MentorGraphics/7.9.2EE/MGC_HOME.ixn/lib;C:\MentorGraphics\7.9.2EE\MGC_HOME.ixn\bin;C:\MentorGraphics\7.9.2EE\MGC_HOME.ixn\lib;;C:\Cadence\SPB_16.5\tools\pcb\bin;C:\Cadence\SPB_16.5\tools\bin;C:\Cadence\SPB_16.5\tools\libutil\bin;C:\Cadence\SPB_16.5\tools\fet\bin;C:\Cadence\SPB_16.5\tools\specctra\bin;C:\Cadence\SPB_16.5\tools\PSpice;C:\Cadence\SPB_16.5\tools\PSpice\Library;C:\Cadence\SPB_16.5\tools\Capture;C:\Cadence\SPB_16.5\OpenAccess\bin\win32\opt;"
      SDD_HOME = "C:\MentorGraphics\7.9.2EE\SDD_HOME"
      TEMP = "C:\Temp"
      TMP = "C:\Temp"

I do not see a "7.9.2EE" reader version. I tried downloading the one that was the closest (EE7.9), and the one that was the newest. They both crashed when I tried to open the .pcb file. The .pcb file is not very big, it only contains the following:

SECTION Integration
      KEY ProjectFile "..\schematic\BCM984793D1-0011\BCM984793D1-0011.prj"
      ENDSECTION
      SECTION DesignData
      KEY DesignName "Board"
      KEY RootBlock "Schematic"
      KEY iCDBSessionID "3958"
      KEY Platform "Windows"
      ENDSECTION
      SECTION Planes
      LIST PlaneSections
      ENDLIST
      ENDSECTION

There is no ..\schematic directory when I restore the .zip folder.

Any suggestions?