1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 26, 2012 2:52 AM by paceto

Using IR4302 7X7 PQFN?

pcorbin

All, I am tasked with designing the footprint for International Rectifier IR4302 Calls D amplifier IC.

The application note AN-1170 is a little difficult to interpret - especially the stencil mask layout.

This is not a "standard" 44 pin qfn. Some of the pins are shared by intricate copper shapes at the decal level

and the stencil mask openings are pretty intense.

Anybody have the decal data for this? Has anybody ever gotten gerber files from International Rectifier? If so, how?

Any input would be seriously appreciated. I usually don't ask to use someone else's work - but in this case, I think I surrender.

TIA,

Patrick

• 1. Re: Using IR4302 7X7 PQFN?
          paceto

A quick and dirty way would be to make the basic footprint (pads only, no copper areas), then add the copper shapes after the part is instantiated, then associate the coppers with their nets. If you have multiple copies of this part in the design, turn the copper areas into a reuse to duplicate it. If you need those copper areas in the library footprint, you should be able to make the copper areas in the decal editor. You may have a problem associating the coppers with their respective nets in the decal since there are no nets defined yet. I'd go with the first option.