1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 10, 2012 9:52 AM by kendall_hiles

AATK 880 Released

kendall_hiles

Read the included PowerPoint to find out the details on all the scripts included in the FlipChip toolkit.  You can download the release from here:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/uwtoolbox/

The versioning has been changed to a build number and most of the 880 updates have been to the FlipChip toolkit.  I have included an overview ppt for the FlipChip portion.    It was written for Windows but can work on Linux with user modifications.  Some scripts rely on Microsoft Excel and other use the Engines which require the Automation Pro license.  Basically what I am saying is the source files are included and if it doesn’t do what you want, you or your customer can edit it and make changes.

To install it you have two options in the top level directory, read the READ_ME_FIRST.txt file and do it by hand or you can use the Install_AATK.bat and have it automatically set it up for you.  I just can’t guarantee the .bat file works on all machines.

'  This software is NOT officially supported by Mentor Graphics.

'

'  ###################################################################

'  ## The following  software  is  "freeware" which  Mentor Graphics                    ##

'  ## Corporation  provides as a courtesy  to our users.  "Freeware"                    ##

'  ## is provided  "as is" and  Mentor  Graphics makes no warranties                  ##

'  ## with  respect  to "freeware",  either  expressed  or  implied,                        ##

'  ## including any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness                      ##

'  ## for a particular purpose.                                                                           ##

'By downloading and installing you agree to this Acceptable Usage Policy

• 1. Re: AATK 880 Released
          kendall_hiles

Be careful in the FLipChip menu regarding the Layout Driven Tab, Pathfinding Tab, the mizip button and the Sync button.  These are only inteded for Netlist Driven Designs and will not work with a DxDesigner schematic.

The menu items shown are controlled by the FlipChipConfig.xml file in the FLipCHip directory but we have a bug with the header section.  The .xml is not controlling these at this time.

This is a Dx friendly patch.  Unzip in the %AATK%/FlipChip directory replacing the files that are in there.  It turns off the scripts that are not compatible with a Dx Schematic.  I hope I got them all so do your testing on a non-mission critical design.

-kendall