2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 16, 2013 7:11 AM by andrew_french

DMS Desktop API?

andrew_french

Is there a DMS API available that is similar to the API for Expedition or DxDesigner?  What I mean is I can write C# or VB scripts in visual studio for Expedition and DxDesigner, can I do this with DMS Desktop?  I see in infohub there are Java based APIs for DMS but I don't know Java.

What I want to do is write a script that will query DMS for all parts and then dump out certain characteristic values based on the commodity type of the part.  There are other ways to accomplish this like an xml dump and then parse the data and massage it into what I want to see or possibly directly connecting to the DMS database and querying the info from there.  The first seems like added steps that aren't nessecary and the second is something I would really prefer to avoid attempting to do.

As a secondary question, is there a place that tells me what all these API's that Expedition Enterprise ships with are/do?  In visual studio, when you add a reference, you can switch to the "COM" tab and see all the dll, ocx, exe, tlb files from the mentor tree.  Some seem interesting and possibly usefull but I have no clue what they are.  For example the "DMSLibrAddin 1.0 Type Library" by the name sounds like an API that could meet my previously stated need but I have no idea.

If I am unclear as to what I am asking anywhere just say so and I'll try to reword.  Thanks for your time!