AnsweredAssumed Answered

Settings Migration Tool etc.

Question asked by wolferm on Nov 12, 2012
Latest reply on Oct 19, 2018 by s.kofler

To All,

Doing a little research now that we have this capability to quote "migrate settings".

Being a somewhat newer user of PADS starting at ver 9.x on it seemed possible to just create a settings directory somewhere other than the installed

folder and have the ini file point to that folder. That I thought would have made it so we do't even really need a migrator?

However if you change the UserDir to anything but C:\MentorGraphics\9.5PADS\SDD_HOME\Settings the tool will not even launch.

You can change all the other paths to another location.

That being said looking at the migration tool instructions it really does not define at all what can and cannot be done

with respect to all of the settings.

I am still a little fuzzy on where exactly all of the CAM output is stored? It seems that is a global settign for output unites etc.

Seems to me that shoyuld be a local to jobv setting so that it comes up that everytime that job gets output again.

My Question is there a pdf or place I can look that defines exactly where and how all of these type of settings get stored

and how to maintain them after upgrade and for that matter across the tool itself.

TIA

Bob

Outcomes