3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 21, 2012 5:03 AM by john_dube

How to find out when page is deleted in DxDesigner

Andreas.Schaefer

Hi,

I would like to get a hint, which application event to use to find out when a page in scheamatic is deleted.

When we aoutomate the page copy cprocess, pages are added to the collection an dwe can figuere out, which pages they were.

But in navigator a page delete only changes the content of the SchematicSheetsCollection.

The Application_Delete() event shows me, whenever a single objkect on a page (e.g. a net segment) is deleted.

But it has no effect on changes of the SchematicSheet colelction or actions within the navigator.

Any hint?

Kind regards,

Andreas

• 1. Re: How to find out when page is deleted in DxDesigner
          john_dube

Andreas,

I am not aware of any event that is fired when a sheet is deleted.

I think you'll need to sink some other event like ActivateView2 or DocumentClose, and check the schematic sheets collection to see if any sheets have been removed.

John

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: How to find out when page is deleted in DxDesigner
            Andreas.Schaefer

Hello John,

this is the way I am already investigating, when deleting pages interactively.

But I am confused by the results of Application.SchematicSheetDocuments.Count

Scripting.DontExit = TRUE

Set viewDrawApp = Application

Set sheetsCollection = Application.SchematicSheetDocuments()

sheetsCollectionCount = Application.SchematicSheetDocuments.Count

Sub Application_AfterDocumentOpened(docType,LibraryAlias,objName)

sheetsCollectionCountNow = Application.SchematicSheetDocuments.Count

msgBox "AfterDocumentOpened" &" sheetsCollectionCountNow:" &sheetsCollectionCountNow

End Sub

Sub Application_ActivateView()

msgBox "ActivateView" &" sheetsCollectionCountNow:" &sheetsCollectionCountNow

End Sub

Sub Application_DeactivateView()

msgBox "DeactivateView" &" sheetsCollectionCountNow:" &sheetsCollectionCountNow

End Sub

When no  sheet is open in the main window and i delete a page in Navigator with  RMB-> delete

the result of the

Application.SchematicSheetDocuments.Count

is 1 for Activate event and after the page deletion 0 inside the DeactivateView event sub.

It looks for mee, that the collection does only include open pages. Is this true?

greetings,

Andreas

• 3. Re: How to find out when page is deleted in DxDesigner
              john_dube

Andreas,

I think you want to use GetAvailableSchematics and GetAvailableSheets to count all the sheets in the project.

John