4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 5, 2013 12:17 AM by levi_xb

Still DRC problem

eri

Dear Expert,

I stiil have problem with DRC. I do not what's  problem.

I send a file whose contens that we done Mentor installation.

I hope expert could  help me.

because there is a drc problem , we can not send  layout for fabrication.

Thank very much

Best regards

Eri Prasetyo

• 1. Re: Still DRC problem
          chris_balcom

Hi Eri,

Can you find a button similar to "load rules" or "load rule file"?

To run DRC, a rule file is needed. That rule file needs to be loaded somehow. I'm not familiar with the exact setup you have but maybe someone else familiar with IC Station v2008 can offer more details if you need.

(the error message shown in the document states no rule file has been loaded)

• 2. Re: Still DRC problem
            robbyku13

Hi

I have same problem with mr. eri. I have tried to load rules with button "load rules", but where is the rules c35 file in "mentor directory or ams directory"?

this  my error message

// Error: $load_rules returned error status at line 82 of file /usr/local/mgc/2008.2o_rhelx86linux/icflow_home/shared/pkgs/ic_icstd/userware/En_na/ic_session.ample within function $$load_rules (from: Uims/Ample/Ample_eval 1D)

//  Error: Error POLYNET1 on line 1738 of $AMS_DIR/mentor/ic_station/c35/rules/c35_all.rules - the POLYNET operation is obsolete. Please use CONNECT or other alternative or contact Mentor Graphics for assistance. (from: Ic/drc/drc_compiler 73)

//  Error: $raise_status returned error status at line 90 of file /usr/local/mgc/2008.2o_rhelx86linux/icflow_home/shared/pkgs/ic/userware/En_na/drccmd.ample within function $$check_drc (from: Uims/Ample/Ample_eval 1D)

//  Error: There is no rule file loaded. (from: Ic/drc/drc_commands 03)

• 3. Re: Still DRC problem
              chris_balcom

Hi,

I might be able to help with this last bit... I think the important part of those error messages is here:

"Error POLYNET1 on line 1738 of $AMS_DIR/mentor/ic_station/c35/rules/c35_all.rules - the POLYNET operation is obsolete."

This can happen when certain rule files written for an older version of Calibre are used with a newer version of Calibre. The newer versions of Calibre don't support the POLYNET operation but that operation may be found in older rule files.

I think the main choices for dealing with this situation are

a) use a certain version of Calibre that the rule file was written and tested with

or

b) re-write the problematic rule check in some way that doesn't use the POLYNET operation

• 4. Re: Still DRC problem
                levi_xb

DRC means Design Rule Checking, so maybe you can load some design rule, the design rule have some connection with PCB fabricate ability.

If you are using the eagle software,this PCB service page may help you ,

you can download the design rule at the bottom of the page. and load it before you click the DRC button.