With a round PCB and high current (e.g. for E-mobility), Layout or Router are not suitable !
- Working with polar coordinates
- properties of some elements (component, via, shape, ...): the position were not shown in distance and angle towards the origin, only by radial move a component
- the polar grid could not be displayed permanently
- no possiblity to copy elements (e.g. GND-vias, copper shapes, ...) in a polar manner
- no possiblity to arrange design reuse elements with an angle different 90, 180, 270°
- Thermal Vias in SMD
- no rules and checking for microvia and stacked vias (idea D326 16.06.2008)
- no prevention of certain types of vias at smd (idea D310 11.06.2008)
- no addition of any vias at smd in Layout
- Traces: the maximum trace width is limitated to 6.35mm
Some issues were postet on Mentor ideas many years ago and nothing were improved.
Concerning "E-mobility", PADS users are handicapped due to the missing funktions.