AnsweredAssumed Answered

DxDesigner: symbol with bmp image cannot be modified

Question asked by rchander on Jan 16, 2013
Latest reply on Jan 16, 2013 by MENTOR_Shannonk

Hi

I have a symbol which I created for the purposes of using it as a Titleblock.  I inserted a BMP image which is our company's logo.  Now, I am unable to change that symbol for any modifications.  I keep getting the following error:

# cannot save symbol 'GI_TitleBlock4_B_size.1', because the bitmap file 'C:\my_doc_bkp\Project Work\GLOBAL_LIBRARY\SYM\ole\GI_TitleBlock4_B_size.1' is locked by another application

nse::savesymbol -savestyles

# cannot save symbol 'GI_TitleBlock4_B_size.1', because the bitmap file 'C:\my_doc_bkp\Project Work\GLOBAL_LIBRARY\SYM\ole\GI_TitleBlock4_B_size.1' is locked by another application

I am not sure what has locked the file GI_TitleBlock4_B_size.1 other than the symbol editor itself.  Also, it calls it a bitmap file for some reason when it is just a symbol file.

Any help would be appreciated to avoid the error.  So far, I can only save it as another name, e.g. GI_TitleBlock5_B_size.1 and then replace the symbol instance in the schematic with this renamed version.  I did it 4 times before, but I think there should be a better way.

Thanks

Rahul

Outcomes