2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 4, 2013 4:25 AM by strangd

Running icdbpartslister from the command line

rokonczak

Is there a way to generically specify the project file when running the icdbpartslister from the command line?  I am trying to create a user specific custom tool to generate a custom parts list using the icdbpartslister executable from the command line.  I don't want to run the icdbpartslister from the DxDesigner window since this is not my standard form for a parts list and it would require me to always be switching between the deault configuration file and the special configuraton file.   I am trying to set up the command line executable in a batch file and then call the batch file from the "custom tools menu" inside of DxDesigner.  The issue that I am having is that the name of the project file (this argument seems to be required by icdbpartslister.exe) will depend on the what current project is so I am not sure how to specify that argument generically in the command line.  I have tried to use the "Arguments" field of the Customize Tools Menu" to pass this argument into the command but that doesn't seem to be working.  Thanks