8 Replies Latest reply on Sep 4, 2013 7:41 AM by kendall_hiles

Release AATK 993

kendall_hiles

I updated AATK to version 993.  You can download it from Source Forge

https://sourceforge.net/projects/uwtoolbox/

It has some bug fixes and new functionality in the FlipChip toolkit.

As a reminder AATK is not meant to run on all designs out of the box.  It has examples of how to add menus and forms to your flow.   Take what you want and put it in your own menus.  All the source code is included and you can modify it to your content.

'Acceptable Usage Policy

'

'  This software is NOT officially supported by Mentor Graphics.

'

'  ###########################################################

'  ## AATK  is  "freeware" which  Mentor Graphics Corporation             ##

'  ## provides as a courtesy  to our users.  "freeware"                          ##

'  ## is provided  "as is" and  Mentor  Graphics makes no warranties     ##

'  ## with  respect  to "freeware",  either  expressed  or  implied,           ##

'  ## including any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness         ##

'  ## for a particular purpose.                                                              ##

-kendall

• 1. Re: Release AATK 993
          dirk.eyfrig

Kendall,

I just tried to download the actual version, but my virus wall reports that there is a virus in the archive.

Antivirus Programm: Sophos, Plc. - 3.40.1
          Pattern Version: 4.86G.4594335.1920165367 (2013/03/11 21:34:00)

Virus: "Mal/Agent-GR"

Can you please double check what is wrong?

Regards

Dirk

• 2. Re: Release AATK 993
            kendall_hiles

I few releases back, I had an issue with one of the files I compiled becasue I had included too many libraries when I compiled it.  The AV programs thought I was using some tweaky code.  I re-compiled it correctly and have not had a problem since.  There are only a couple of user compiled programs in the lot.  No one else has emailed me about this release so I have no idea why your AV program is complaining.

Email the download link to your AV program's tech team and have them tell you why this has a virus and what file in the archive is causing it and I will fix it.  If it is because the archive contains .vbs scripts your screwed becasue that is what the toolkit is!

It passes Microsoft Security Essentials, AVG, Norton, and Symantec that I know of.

-kendall

• 3. Re: Release AATK 993
              dirk.eyfrig

Thanks - I will try to download it at home, unpack the archive and hve the files scanned individually.

Dirk

• 4. Re: Release AATK 993
                dirk.eyfrig

Just another question:

Due to the problem above I downloaded version 4.3 of AATK, because I need the IPC-D-356 output.

Unfortunately the script stops at the first through-hole component with an error message 

Error.png

Line number was 170 originally, I've inserted some debug messages.

Having a look at the code, it seems that it can't work with through-hole components.

You access a property pin.layer which isn't defined for through-hole padstacks according to the Expedition manual.

Does v. 993 contain an updated version of the script?

• 5. Re: Release AATK 993
                  strangd

Hi Kendall:

I have not tried this release, but Norton has flagged other versions as containing a virus.  When Norton does, I don't un-pack.

Thanks

Dwain

• 6. Re: Release AATK 993
                    kendall_hiles

It has not been updated.  IPC-D-356 is a terrible format.  It has unit limitations, does not support round or oblong pads and in general is outdated.  I wrote it to fill a gap but in the end we went another direction.

-kendall

• 7. Re: Release AATK 993
                      volkmar.huss

Hi Kendall,

Our web gateway is blocking the file, too.

The transferred file contained a virus and was therefore blocked.

URL:

http://freefr.dl.sourceforge.net/project/uwtoolbox/Expedition Enterprise AATK/AATK_993/AATK_993.7z
                      Media Type: application/x-7z-compressed
                      Virus Name: Avira: TR/Spy.12288.598

Aliases:

•  Kaspersky: Trojan.Win32.Yakes.cvkr

•  TrendMicro: Trojan.Rent.14

•  Sophos: Troj/Matsnu-AI

•  Eset: Win32/Trustezeb.C

- Volkmar

• 8. Re: Release AATK 993
                        kendall_hiles

Antivirus programs are getting too picky.  I am pretty sure it is complaining about the ontop.exe program that keeps the .efm forms on top of Expedition so they don't pop behind every time you touch a trace.  I only included the libs that it required to manage the windows priority.