4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 6, 2013 10:28 AM by qing.fan

LVS message for text short

qing.fan

If I have a text short on one net, by default it will pick up one text (alphabet based). Compare result will be clean or dirty based on the text is picked and a warning of text short in .ext file. Is there anyway, I can change the warning become a “error” in the .ext file? Is there any way that I make Calibre LVS compare fail because of text short?

Thanks,

Qing

• 1. Re: LVS message for text short
          chris_balcom

Hi Qing,

I've wanted to do this for a long time but it's just not possible.

There is a new capability to create a special new LVS report where you can control pretty much everything that goes into this new report, but it doesn't actually change the result of the LVS comparison from CORRECT to INCORRECT based on connectivity extraction errors as you want.

-chris

• 2. Re: LVS message for text short
            qing.fan

Hi Chris,

Thanks a lot for your reply. Is there anyway, I can change the "warning" message for the text short in .ext file to "error"?

Thanks,

Qing

• 3. Re: LVS message for text short
              chris_balcom

Hi Qing,

We can't change the warning in the extraction file into an error (discrepancy) in the LVS report if that's what you mean.

There isn't a Calibre based method to elevate the warning to an error in the extraction file either.  We could post process the extraction file using PERL or "sed" to substitute the word "ERROR" in place of the "Warning" string I suppose but that may not be what you meant, and it would be kind of kludgy anyway.

• 4. Re: LVS message for text short
                qing.fan

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your information. That was the request from my customer, so I won't be able to help them with a script. I was not surprised with your reply. However, I just want check if any options I missed

Thanks again for your help!

Qing