3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 7, 2013 7:45 AM by cristian.filip

S-Parameters/Spice netlist

rpotluri

Hallo,

Could some one help me on how can I visualize *sp file which is extracted from Hyperlynx SI board sim?

Also I have trouble in extracting S-Parameters file from Hyperlynx board sime. It gives an Error: "Error running ADMS: No QDB server present"

Thanks in Advance,

Ravi

• 1. Re: S-Parameters/Spice netlist
          yu.yanfeng

Concepth Engineering's SpiceVision Pro is an EDA tool which is capable to take your spice netlist into a schematics view.

Normally, "no WDB server"  is caused by old license file and wrong paths.

Yanfeng

• 2. Re: S-Parameters/Spice netlist
            rpotluri

Hallo Yu.Yanfeng,

I thankyou very much for your kind reply. I registered myself with concept.de (for spice netlist viewer) and hope get a trail license.

Yes you are right in the case of S-Parameter generation, it was the problem with license update.

Regards,

Ravi

• 3. Re: S-Parameters/Spice netlist
              cristian.filip

If this was a transistor level Spice netlist generated out of an IC design, SpiceVision could be of benefit. However for a BoardSim topology the extracted Spice netlist is just a sequence of transmission lines that you can visualize in LineSim. You could do first LineSim schematic export and then out of LineSim extract netlist and you would get same result.

Cristian