1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 7, 2013 9:20 AM by kim_godshalk

Remote host execution

lakshmiprashanth555

Hello,

I'm using this calibre lvs and drc in command mode(batch), Because i'm not interested in gui mode. Initially calibre runs were taking too much of time to complete. After attending a calibre seminar in our company i came to know about the turbo option. My run-script is as follows,

calibre -gui -lvs -batch -runset a**.rst -lvsRulesFile b**.tvf -lvsLayoutSystem GDSII -lvsLayoutPaths c**.gds -lvsLayoutPrimary place -lvsSourceSystem MIXED -lvsSourcePath d.spice -lvsSourcePrimary place  -cmnNumTurbo ALL

The a**.rst file contains certain every runset options. so the turbo option was not working in run-script, so i added turbo option in a**.rst. Then it worked. Now it's working very fastly, in my local machine.

My concern is about how to run the calibre run in multiple machines. what are the options and commands to be used. format of their machine assignment. etc related to remote host run.

I've search in the the calibre manual (physical verification)etc, But i didn't understood any thing and didn't got satisfied answers.

• 1. Re: Remote host execution
          kim_godshalk

Hello,

Because you are using Calibre Interactive in batch mode, look in the "Calibre Interactive and Calibre RVE User's Manual", in the "Run Control Setup and Licensing" chapter, then see the "Computer Cluster Options" section. You may also need to refer to the Calibre Administrator's Guide.

It is probably easiest to load your present runset in Calibre Interactive, set up the run control options, then save a new runset.

As an additional note - it is best to have runset parameters in the actual runset, rather than as a command line option as your example shows.

If you want the runset options echoed to the transcript, you can use the option "-runset_options_display" instead of "-runset".

Best regards,

Kim