Thanks for pointing me out which settings related to what item in the GUI. The terms used in the .prp file did not really relate to what I see in the GUI.
Yes, I had it expanded.
However, "Attach selected property to" is not related to "o) the transfer field".
If I change the "Attach selected property to" in "Property Definition Editor", here's the change
I understand that:
"the display list field" .prp = "Include selected property in property lists for" GIU
"the storage type field" .prp = Character string in GUI
However, I still cannot relate "the ignore notation" and especially "the transfer field"
I also noticed that everytime I set "the transfer field" to "0" in the .prp:
*TEXTPROP 10 CELL 32 ".*" 1 "Part Number" 0.080in VISIBLE SINGLE TEMPLATE "Default" 6 1 3 0 1 1
After this, when I open the "Property Definition Editor" and close it without changing anything, the "transfer field" is always reverted back to "1" !!!
I think I have figured out why this field has changed between the two libraries I have ... but where is that configuration option in the GUI ?
How can I prevent that ?
This is the checkbox to the left of the property name: 'Place property in schematic when Packager or Part View is used' on the unexpanded view.
Storage Type is either intheger, real, or character string which is the Format column. Display field is the 'Include selected property in property lists for' on the advanced pane (column M of the prp file), some of the options don't apply in the DxD flow they come from the old DC flow. And 'Ignore notation settings' is also on the advanced pane which equates to column P.
After posting, I figured out the "ignore notation" field, which is the rightmost arrow in the figure below.
However, the "the transfer field" is greyed out and cannot be changed. It is forced to "1".
The real problem I have is that we've taken over a library done by somebody else. In some of the parts, there's a (second) "Part Number" field which repeats the *real* "Part Number" field, which is okay. But in some cases, that field is different when compared to the *real* "Part Number". Sometimes it seems like a typo, sometimes it's a completely different part.
The issue I have with that is that when i'm packaging, the "Part Number" is changed on the first package pass, which then points to an invalid "Part Number". The second packaging then generates errors because the new erroneous "Part Number" is not found.
The previous user of that library didn't have this problem, since "the transfer field" was set to "0" for "Part Number", so that field was left unchanged even if it was different.
Library Manager now seems to force the transfer of that property, how can I prevent this? The "older" .prp file seems to suggest that it is possible to prevent forced transfer.
Thanks for your support !
Part Number is hard coded as it is necessary in the EE flow. I would suggest you change the second Part Number property to something else. It seems odd that you have two, I would suggest you investigate the history of the file and what flow was being used with whoever owned the library originally. It may be that this was some other property that got translated incorrectly to Part Number as a second instance from another flow.
If you can't figure it out I'd suggest you contact your local support representative.
I will have thisproperty removed on all parts in the library.
The previous team used the same software version, but we cannot contact them, unfortunately.
Thanks for your hepl