AnsweredAssumed Answered

Problem getting @printorder to work correctly with PDF printing

Question asked by mathieu.lafrance on Apr 26, 2013
Latest reply on May 7, 2013 by mathieu.lafrance

Hi,

I'm having problems getting the PDF printer to work correctly. I've had it set up correctly for my first project, but I can't get it to work correctly with the second project. I've compared the .pjr files to see if a revelant setting was different, I also checked borders.ini, dxpdf.ini and scout.ini. Besides the usual name differences, they're identical. Both projects also share the same border symbols.

On the "working" project, I get this output. All unique page numbers, in order:

1.png

On the non-working project, all messed up.

2.png

I don't think the problem lies with the PDF printer, because I can see a difference when "pushing" thru hierarchical blocks between the two projects. On the working project, when I push thru a block, I see this on "border property":

3.png

Notice how the page number is reflected correctly with the Instance Value.

Now with the non-working project:

4.png

Notice how the page number isn't reflected correctly. The Instance Value doesn't even exist. Note that "?" is the default value of @PRINTORDER within the symbol editor.

I've tried already "Update Other Objects" by checking "Properties" and "Print Order", with a combination of Project, board, schematic, sheet ... tried all of them. I also tried running scout with the same settings as the other project, to no avail. Packaging was also performed.

What am I missing ?

I've included a bunch of .ini and .prj files of the non-working project, if any of you can spot something.

Thanks for any help provided.

Attachments

Outcomes