1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 29, 2013 11:17 AM by jduquette

Plane creation and DFF slivers

dgould2

Hi,

I'm receiving  DFF error: Sliver on XXXX when I run verify design on fabrication issues. The error is self explanatory, see the attached screenshot.

My design has Plane Outlines which, when flooded, create small gaps between closely separated vias. I'd like to control the created gap between the vias but can't seem to find a way.

Ideally, I'm looking to have zero errors when running verify design and I'm well on my way but I can't find a way on this issue without relaxation the 3 mil minimum default rule - which seems to make sense.

On another note, I read that there is no way in PADS layout to waive verify design errors. Is this really the case? I'd like to waive several errors and provide an explanation to the waive. I can ignore errors in PADS router but these errors still appear in PADS layout. It's not the biggest deal in the world, more of an annoyance, and I'm wondering if there is something that I'm missing.

Greetings,

Darren

• 1. Re: Plane creation and DFF slivers
          jduquette

There are two options to get rid of that sliver that I know of:

- Change the width of your pour; a smaller value may fill in the gap, or a larger value won't make as tiny of a sliver.

- Put a 'pour keepout' there.

I manually waive the errors.  In other words, when I get to a list of errors that are acceptable, I save a copy of the error report in my design folder and describe why the errors are acceptable.  That way the next designer knows what violations they has to ignore.  I'd much prefer a real waiver.