We use Vantage ERP. It has an Excel BOM import function, so I generate a BOM in Logic, load it into Excel, save it, and load it into ERP.
Are you adding the Vantage part number as an attribute of the Pads part ?
We are currently using a tool called "live part library" provided to us by our distributor in UK called Saros. They had been providing it free of charge for the last 5 years but have now decided to start charging a yearly licence hence my query elsewhere asking if anyone knew how to find the API documentation.
I see your original posting is 2 years old...did you manage to progress this at all?
HI GT, I'm assuming your question was directed at my post.
Yes, the Vantage part number is an attribute in PADS. For our Vantage ERP system I used the following mapping. I don't know if some of these are oddities in the way or ERP system got set up or if this will be common.
Not from PADS ERP
Company - set to the proper company name
PartNumber - The PCB assembly part number
Rev - The PCB assembly revision
The above parameters need to be defined and then copied for every data line in the spreadsheet.
Part Number MtlPartNum
Note that if you attempt to use a 'MtlPartNum' that is not yet defined in ERP this gets very messy.
We gave up on this process a couple of years ago due to a bug in ERP. When we started buying the PCBAs as purchased assemblies the costing was incorrect (other parts of ERP used the BOM cost instead of the purchased cost). We were off support at the time so we ended up putting the purchased cost in ERP and keeping an Excel BOM (ugh). It was a big headache.
For reference my 19 step process to do this is below (NI = not installed):
- Open your PCBA BOM
- Sort all the data by Part Number (ascending) – (select all)<Data><Sort>). All the ‘NI’ parts will end up at the bottom of the list (skip those)
- Select the <Options> button in the security warning tab and then select ‘Enable this content’ and press <OK>
- Select the ‘BOM’ sheet
- Enter your full part number for your PCBA in cell B2
- Enter your PCBA revision in cell C2
- Copy your part number info from your BOM column D (excluding the NI parts) into column E under the ‘MTLPartNumber’ header
- Copy your quantity info from your BOM column E (excluding the NI parts) into column L under the ‘QtyPer’ header
- Copy your Reference Designator info from your BOM column C (excluding the NI parts) into column AA under the ‘MfgComment’ header
- Duplicate A2, B2, and C2 (Company, PartNum, RevNum, respectively) for each part in your BOM
- Define the ‘MTLSeq’ info in Column D for each line item; ‘MTLSeq’ typically increments by 10 for each line item
- Save ‘Vantage BOM Import1.xls’ to your working copy
- Select the ‘BOM’ sheet
- Save the file in CSV format <File><Save as…>(select ‘CSV (comma delimited) (*.csv)’
The PCBA BOM is now ready for Document Control to import to ERP when the ECO completed to release this PCBA
Hi, Whats the specific product at XPLM?