1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 5, 2013 8:36 AM by elizabeth_simon

What is the file naming convention for batch waveform files?

elizabeth_simon

I just ran a simple simulation (one bidirectional signal, two ICs) with round robin enabled. This resulted in 24 waveform files.

The relavent part of the report is as follows:

Driver     Receiver   Rnd Rise Delay(ns) Fall Delay(ns) Overshoot(V) Crosstalk(V)     ERROR FLAGS

Device.Pin Device.Pin Rbn   Min    Max     Min    Max    rise   fall  rise   fall    rise     fall

U52.7       U50.179    1  -1.432  0.344  -0.243  0.969  0.000  0.218   NA     NA   -------  -------

U50.179     U52.7      2  -0.232  0.315  -0.088  0.379  0.778  0.889   NA     NA   R------  R------

I've got six lines in the XLS file

Overview   [Pass/Fail]Net(s)Coupled Net(s)Driver(s) [RefDes.Pin]Receiver [RefDes.Pin]Simulation Corner
      PassDSP_D[0]U52.7U50.179Fast-Strong
      PassDSP_D[0]U52.7U50.179Typical
      PassDSP_D[0]U52.7U50.179Slow-Weak
      FailDSP_D[0]U50.179U52.7Fast-Strong
      FailDSP_D[0]U50.179U52.7Typical
      PassDSP_D[0]U50.179U52.7Slow-Weak

The file names look like this

net-DSP_D[0];pin-U50.179;sim-SI Fast-Strong, Falling Edge.csv

net-DSP_D[0];pin-U50.179;sim-SI Fast-Strong, Falling Edge;RR-1.csv

net-DSP_D[0];pin-U52.7;sim-SI Fast-Strong, Falling Edge.csv

net-DSP_D[0];pin-U52.7;sim-SI Fast-Strong, Falling Edge;RR-1.csv

Which of these four files corresponds to the first failure line in the xls file?

What is the file naming rule for these files?

I have other simulations to do that are much more complex and will generate a lot of waveform files. It's not very useful to have waveform files if I don't know what the driver and receiver are.

• 1. Re: What is the file naming convention for batch waveform files?
          elizabeth_simon

I believe that I have decoded the file names as follows

net-<net>;pin-<receiver>;sim-<simulation corner>;RR-<roundrobin-1>.csv

The RR part of the file name is omited for roundrobin 1

In my example I'm looking for the wave form data for the failure with U50.179 as driver and U52.7 as receiver on the Fast-Strong corner

from the report I see that round robin 2 is the one with U50.179 as driver so I want one of the files with RR-1 at the end

Therfore the file I want is:

net-DSP_D[0];pin-U52.7;sim-SI Fast-Strong, Falling Edge;RR-1.csv

Is there anyone who can confirm my interpretation of these file names? I came up with this after loading the files in Excel and comparing the waveforms to the equivalent simulation using the interactive simulation tool.