1 2 First Previous 22 Replies Latest reply on Jun 20, 2013 8:10 AM by ogradyg

Nucleus ReadyStart System Project does not build

ogradyg
      While working with ReadyStart for the first time, I'm trying to build a System Project for the QEMU bsp by following the steps in the Nucleus ReadyStart Guide, 2012.12 (pdf page 11-12). Errors are indicated immediately after creating the project and when trying to Build All (debug configuration), the following console output is generated:

14:11:55 **** Incremental Build of configuration Debug for project test1 ****
      cs-make -j8 all 
      FUSE output/csgnu_arm/realview_eb_ct926ejs/debug/current.imageconfig
      error: requirement was not met: 'nu.bsp.drvr.display.pl11x' requires 'nu.os.drvr.display', but 'nu.os.drvr.display' does not exist.
      cs-make[1]: *** [config] Error 1
      cs-make: *** [fuse] Error 2

Is additional configuration or installation required?
        • 1. Re: Nucleus ReadyStart System Project does not build
          dan_schiro

Hello,

When you say you followed the steps on page 12, I'm assuming you get the reported error after attempting Step 3 using the Build Project command?  Did you do any modification to Debug.config?  If you open this file in the text editor (right click on the file in the Project Explorer view and select Open With to see a list of available editors), it should look like this:

# Auto-generated file. DO NOT DELETE IT!

# 10:29 10-Jan-2013

# NOTE: The default 'debug' build flags are currently stored in the

# .metadata files.

Your dates will be different, but that should be the entire contents of the file.   The error you are getting is the result of the build system including the BSP portion of the display driver under the realview_eb_ct926ejs section, but not including the generic portion of the display driver under the nu.os.drvr section.  If you open Debug.config in the Nucleus Configuration Editor (the default editor for this file type) you should see the following:

config.png

Make sure the check box by nu.os.drvr.display is checked.

Regards,

Dan

• 2. Re: Nucleus ReadyStart System Project does not build
            ogradyg

Hi,

Thanks for the response.

Before we get too deep into this, I didn't install a separate realview_eb_ct926ejs BSP, I am using what was included with the InnovateRSARMStd_2012.12 installer - is this correct, or is there an additional BSP installer required?

The errors are reported at the end of step 2 (looks like a build is a part of the new Nucleus System Project process). A build as in step 3 produces the same results.

Debug.config has not been modified, its contents are:

# Auto-generated file. DO NOT DELETE IT!

# 08:36 30-May-2013

# NOTE: The default 'debug' build flags are currently stored in the

# .metadata files.

Opening Debug.config with the Nucleus Configuration Editor gives this error in the main window:

Could not open the editor: Fuse could not load "Debug.config". The exception returned by Fuse or the UI code that reads YAML model is:

pl11x requires a non-existant element 'nu.os.drvr.display'

Also there is no display folder in os/drivers folder in the Project Explorer - should there be?

project.jpg

Regards,

Galen

• 3. Re: Nucleus ReadyStart System Project does not build
              dan_schiro

Hi Galen,

I've reproduced the issue with Nucleus ReadyStart 2012.12 Standard Edtion.  You should also find that this error prevents the Nucleus Configuration Editor from launching.  It appears the os\driver\display code has been removed from the Standard Edition (the Professional Edition does not have this issue).

To build code, create an application project and build it.  This will automatically invoke the building of the Nucleus System Project.  I tested this with the Hello World demo.

As for the actual issue, I'm looking into possible solutions and will get back to you.

Regards,

Dan

• 4. Re: Nucleus ReadyStart System Project does not build
                ogradyg

Dan,

I was able to create and build the Hello World demo. I was able to run it after removing the entry from the Port Redirection tab - I assume this is because there is no TCP module in the demo to be redirected?

Regards,

Galen

• 5. Re: Nucleus ReadyStart System Project does not build
                  dan_schiro

Hi Galen,

You should not have needed to remove the port redirection from the QEMU debug launch.  That feature is part of the emulation environment and is not tied to whether or not the networking module is included in the application.  Can you please describe the error you receive when Port Redirection is included?

Thanks,

Dan

• 6. Re: Nucleus ReadyStart System Project does not build
                    ogradyg

Dan,

The Port Redirection tab in the Edit Configuration window has a default entry of:

Guest Port 8080, Host Port 8080, Type TCP

When the project debug session is started, a pop-up window titled "Error in debugger startup" has the message:

localhost:10000: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.

And the console output is (my install directory is C:\C\mgc):

C:\C\mgc mbedded

eadystart-arm

ucleus\..          ools\qemu\qemu-system-arm.exe: could not set up host forwarding rule 'tcp:8080::8080'

C:\C\mgc mbedded

eadystart-arm

ucleus\..          ools\qemu\qemu-system-arm.exe: Device 'user' could not be initialized

If the entry in the Port Redirection tab is deleted, the a QEMU window launches and the project runs as expected.

Regards,

Galen

• 7. Re: Nucleus ReadyStart System Project does not build
                      ogradyg

Dan,

I've upgraded to the 2013.03 release of ReadyStart.

A new Nucleus System Project still won't build, now because "'nu.os.net.ssl.openssl.crypto' does not exist". My understanbding is that the Standard and Professional versions were being combined with some components (like crypto) removed.

I'm still having the same Port Redirection issue as with the 2012.12 release.

Regards,

Galen

• 8. Re: Nucleus ReadyStart System Project does not build
                        dan_schiro

Hi Galen,

We are looking into the RS 2013.03 build issues today and will have a report later for you.  As for the QEMU Port Redirection issue in ReadyStart 2012.12, this feature is part of the QEMU environment and is not tied to the presence of NET.  The most likely causes of the issue are your AV Firewall / Windows Firewall or another process using the port.   Try disabling your firewalls and run with Port Redirection setup.  If that does not resolve the issue, please type the following command at a command prompt to see if another process is using the needed port:

$> netstat –anob –p TCP

Regards,

Dan

• 9. Re: Nucleus ReadyStart System Project does not build
                          ogradyg

Dan,

Found the conflict on port 8080 - was a National Instruments web service. We we don't need the service for our applications so I've disabled it and can now run the demos under QEMU with the default Port Redirection settings.

I've run into another issue working through the Nucleus ReadyStart Guide. In chapter 6 of the pdf (page 61 for 2013.03), I have enabled the profiler for use with the Debug Interface. After pausing execution and clicking the Visualize Trace button, I get a Nucleus Profiler pop-up with the message "Trace aquisition aborted due to internal error."

Any suggestions?

Regards,

Galen

• 10. Re: Nucleus ReadyStart System Project does not build
                            waqar_sadiq

Hi Galen,

Please make sure that you enable both

nu.os.svcs.trace.comms.enable = true

nu.os.svcs.trace.core.enable = true

In your Nucleus build configuration file to use Nucles software trace.

Regards

Waqar Sadiq

• 11. Re: Nucleus ReadyStart System Project does not build
                              ogradyg

Waqar,

I found both the flags you mentioned in the file current.imageconfig under the path ...\workspace\test1\output\csgnu_arm\realview_eb_ct926ejs\kd.Debug. Both were set to 0, after setting them to true and rebuilding I get the same error message.

Regards,

Galen

• 12. Re: Nucleus ReadyStart System Project does not build
                                waqar_sadiq

Hi Galen,

I still believe that you are not building your Nucleus library with Trace. Please confirm that you are using the exact configuration file(where you have enabled these) for your build. You can also use UI config editor inside the codebench to enable the trace components.
                                You can send your configuration file to me for a check and also put some break points in trace initialization and instrumentation logic to see if those get hit or not (If its enabled then your breakpoints must get hit during the execution).

Thanks

Waqar

• 13. Re: Nucleus ReadyStart System Project does not build
                                  ogradyg

Waqar,

Yes, it was a configuration issue. Trace is now functional for me.

I think the file I originally edited was generated from the .config file during the build process rather than the .config file itself.

Thanks,

Galen

• 14. Re: Nucleus ReadyStart System Project does not build
                                    ogradyg

Dan,

Any updates/resolutions on the RS 2013.03 build issues?

Regards,

Galen

1 2 First Previous