As I understand data is meant to only move from VeSys to Capital and not the other way around.
To answer your questions:
1. Yes it is possible to create a DXF in both VeSys and Capital.
2. Component and Symbol libraries can only be migrated from VeSys to Classic and not the other way around.
3. Again data can not be transfered from Capital to VeSys.
My company is also interested in keeping databases synchronized between VeSys and Classic.
Please let me know how you get on.
Thanks for answering!
Can you please tell how I can create a dxf file from VeSys Schematic and VeSys Harness?
Just to confirm...
1) both VeSys 2.0 and Capital have a DXF export capability
2) VeSys 2.0 and Capital can exchange Components, Symbols and Analysis models in both directions (authored in Capital and sent to VeSys 2.0 or authored in VeSys 2.0 and sent to Capital). For design data you can easily go from VeSys 2.0 to Capital but not in return.
When exchanging parts (components) you can select to export the entire library or you can export a sub-set (filtered content) using either VeSys 2.0 Components or Capital Library (the same filtering capability exists in both applications).
Finally, system_data (which includes the styles) can be sent from VeSys 2.0 to Capital however it would only work one-way since Capital has greater capability in both system data (object type information, default naming, policies etc) and styling (queries, related entities, custom tables etc).
I hope this helps,
I was not aware that the databases could be migrated in both directions.
This is good to know
Thank you for the update.