1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 13, 2013 7:19 AM by chris_balcom

Checking notch spacing versus depth

up633791

Hi,

I am experimenting with the DRC engine and as an example I want to check a notch spacing versus its depth, however Calibre keeps getting mixed up with that I really want. The rule I have in mind is derived from an old technology which I had difficulty in the past implementing with another software. This is what I really want to check:

Maximum notch depth in Metal1 is 0.3 for a notch spacing of less than 0.8

Now my way of doing this rule is to use the EXTERNAL command to find notches < 0.8, and then measure their length. However, when I use this in Mentor, it can mean the length of any edge, and since 0.3 is less than 0.8, it sometimes marks the distance between the notches rather than their depths. So far, this is what I've done:

Notch = EXTERNAL Metal1 < 0.8 NOTCH REGION

LENGTH Notch > 0.3

But its not efficient at all. Any clue on a better way of implementing it?

Cheers

Khalid

• 1. Re: Checking notch spacing versus depth
          chris_balcom

Hi Khalid,

I think you may get a more accurate result if you avoid using the "REGION" keyword in your example. That way, only the edges corresponding to the depth of the notch will make it to the next step where you check the length. If you prefer the region style of output then it is still possible. You could use one step to create the regions for the external spacing check as you already are and another step to create edges for a similar external spacing check as I suggested. Once you find the edges that are too long you could select just the notch regions that have coincident edges with the edges that failed the length check. The WITH EDGE operation would be helpful for that last portion.

Best regards,

-chris