5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 13, 2014 2:02 PM by mkernan

Script to place text as INDEX of the project

nicola.fiorucci

Hi,

First of all, Does it exist a manual or guide about the commands to use in DxDesigner scripts?

My question is:

Is it possible to build a script that place rows of text as index of the project?

E.g.:

TOPSHEET.........1

SUPPLY..............2

and so on.... where the number is the @PRINTPRDER properties and the name of the is the @NAME properties.

Thanks Very much.

• 1. Re: Script to place text as INDEX of the project
          clint.cote

I don't know if this is what you want... You can add an attribute PDF_TITLE to each sheet.  I make them visible and place them in a reserved place in the sheet border.  When you generate a PDF it will show them in the bookmark view like this:

bookmarks.jpg

I have a simple script that will read a text file and automatically add the bookmarks to each sheet in the design.  I think it makes navigating the schematic much easier than seeing Sheet 1, Sheet 2, etc.

• 2. Re: Script to place text as INDEX of the project
            clint.cote

From the Help menu select "Documentation in Info-Hub..."

Take a look at "Automation Editor (IDE) User's Manual" and "DxDesigner Automation Reference Manual".  You can see a visual representation of the Object model in "DxDesigner Automation Data Model".

• 3. Re: Script to place text as INDEX of the project
              mkernan

Clint, would you have a copy of your "Place PDF_TITLE" you can share?  I have PDF_TITLE as a property on my Boarder symbols, but in the DxDesigner version Pads9.4.1 that we are currently using, it shows up in the "Boarder Properties" update screen.  If the user happens to click in the value field of PDF_TITLE, PDF_TITLE is added to the boarders.ini file with no value, then when they "update other objects" all their .pdf bookmark text is deleted from every sheet in the schematic and in the .pdf bookmarks all they get is those sheet pictures.  If PDF_TITLE is added to the boarder manually, issue goes away, but that is too hard on a large schematic.

• 4. Re: Script to place text as INDEX of the project
                clint.cote

I don't place the PDF_TITLE attribut on the sheet border in the Library.  It's added to the borders in the design using a script or even manually.  That way it isn't in the borders.ini file and isn't updated with the other border attributes.  Typically this looks like:

1. Title Page

2. Flow Diagram

3. Processor

4. Processor

5. Memory...

• 5. Re: Script to place text as INDEX of the project
                  mkernan

Yeah.  That is exactly what I'm looking for.  Me, not being the most prolific script writer in the world, I was wondering if there was a way you could share the script you did that does that for you.