7 Replies Latest reply on Jul 3, 2013 2:14 AM by Nuri

Generating PDF of Vesys  Classic Schematics

Navaneeth.Konka

Hi,

I would like to know is there any plugin or macro to generate the PDF for the schematics drawn in the Vesys Classic of the entire Vehicle.

In general, we have option to create pdf manually to each system and by this way it takes lot of time to generate the pdf of entire vehicle as we have 50-60 schematics.

Please let me know if there is any short way to generate the pdfs in few steps or at one go.

Thanks & Regards,

-Navaneeth

• 1. Re: Generating PDF of Vesys  Classic Schematics
          Nuri

Hi,

I am not aware of any AutoCAD plugin that could do this... I will let the community assist you.  However, I do feel that you should be looking at VeSys 2.0 for this, since within VeSys 2.0 the generated PDF is automatically paginated (with bookmarks and hyperlinks to jump between wire breaks).

Kind Regards,

Nuri

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Generating PDF of Vesys  Classic Schematics
            Navaneeth.Konka

Hi,

We are using Vesys 2.0 & Capital logic too in which we found very good option to generate pdf with internal links between systems
            But for few of the vehicle platforms we are still using Vesys Classsic.

Actually I was going through the community so that other users may assist for the same or might get some macro or plugin..

Regards,

-Navaneeth K

• 3. Re: Generating PDF of Vesys  Classic Schematics
              Joel_Pointon

Hi Navaneeth,

As nobody else has swered this I guess I'm the VeSys Classic Community that will assist you

In AutoCAD you can create Page Setup's relevant to each sheet of schematic you can then use the batch plotting tool to print these (this can also be done outside of AutoCAD).  This makes plotting much quicker, although I have to admit I don't do this as it only takes a few minutes to plot and I very rarely do it (once per drawing release).

As Nuri mentioned VeSys 2.0 has this plotting to pdf capability as well as the ability to import your VeSys Classic drawings, have you tried this?

Joel

• 4. Re: Generating PDF of Vesys  Classic Schematics
                Navaneeth.Konka

Hi Joel,

Thanks for the guidance.

It seems intresting to know how we can do all pdfs in one go by batch ploting tool.
                Can you tell me where i can get the batch plotting tool or is it the setup/configuration to be done in Classic to generate all pdf at one go at the time of release.

Also as per the suggestion, can you guide me in generation the pdfs from Vesys 2.0 taking Vesys Classic drawing.

Earlier i have generated the pdf from Vesys2.0 of one project but that project schematics was entirely drawn in Vesys 2.0.

In this case I let me know the way to generate pdf from Vesys 2.0 with Vesys Classic schematics.

Thanks & Regards,

-Navaneeth K

• 5. Re: Generating PDF of Vesys  Classic Schematics
                  Navaneeth.Konka

Hi Nuri,

In Vesys 2.0, can you tell me how to generate the pdf for the schematics drawn in Vesys Classic.

Is there any way or migration method to get the pdfs of Vesys Classic schematics in Vesys2.0 in less time.

Apologies for the earlier assumptions that for generating the pdfs using the Vesys 2.0, all schematics to be drawn in Vesys2.0.

Thanks & Regards,

-Navaneeth K

Message was edited by: navaneeth.konka

• 6. Re: Generating PDF of Vesys  Classic Schematics
                    Joel_Pointon

The batch plotting tool is part of AutoCAD, it used to be in the AutoCAD program files folder.

I'm actually a VeSys Classic user and either generate black+white pdf's directly or export cgm files using the drawing release functionality, although this requires you to have a publishing tool capable of support cgm files.

I've not really used VeSys 2.0 much and so someone else from the community will have to help you out on that one.  I know it is possible to port a VeSys Classic to VeSys 2.0 and as Nuri suggests the pdf plotting capability is better so I though this may be a way forward for you?

• 7. Re: Generating PDF of Vesys  Classic Schematics
                      Nuri

Hi,

You can migrate your VeSys Classic designs into VeSys 2.0 but this is not fully automated (requires some manual effort to ensure the data is correct in 2.0). Of course once you have migrated your data into VeSys 2.0 the PDF will be smart (hyperlinks allowing you to navigate between wire ports and devices/connectors).  I am in the process of putting a migration guide onto the Academy (on VeSys 2.0), I will let you know when it goes live.

Thanks,

Nuri

1 of 1 people found this helpful