2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 26, 2013 1:36 AM by Shameer

DXD, PADS Layout wouldn't open after upgrading from 9.3.1 to 9.5

Shameer

I have been using DxDesigner/PADS Layout 9.3.1 and recently upgraded to 9.5. Neither DxDesigner nor PADS Layout would start anymore now. They throw up the errors as attached files. I have tried the following but it did not fix the issue.

Run the Registry editor tool (regedit)

Search for full path locations of "powerpcb.exe" through the registry and make sure all references have the correct path. If there are references to older version locations, modify the path to the correct version of powerpcb.exe

If the cause is an old PADS path in the PATH variable, the solution is to remove that path.

Has anyone who upgraded to 9.5 come accross a similar error? Could you please shed some light on it? Thanks very much.

• 1. Re: DXD, PADS Layout wouldn't open after upgrading from 9.3.1 to 9.5
          ken_foster

Hello Shameer,

First pass observation suggests this is a problem with application registration. I would try opening a DOS shell, cd to the directory where you'll find configurator.exe (default: C:\MentorGraphics\win32) and run the command 'configurator -clean'. Once that finishes, type 'configurator' with no arguments. You should get a drop down list that allows you to select which version you want to run. Pick the one you want an click through, then try the tool. It should let you switch between the releases from tha point on, but if not try doing the -clean thing again.

I'm making an assumption that both releases are installed in the same target folder (C:\MentorGraphics) and that you have admin rights on the machine. If either one of those things is not the case, what I said above won't work as advertised. Reply to the thread and I'll give you some specifics.

Best regards,

Ken Foster

Mentor Graphics Customer Support

• 2. Re: DXD, PADS Layout wouldn't open after upgrading from 9.3.1 to 9.5
            Shameer

Hi Ken

Thanks a lot for the support. It has worked! Did exactly what you suggested and I was able to open DXD and PADS 9.5 without any issues.

Thanks very much.

Shameer.