3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 26, 2013 5:36 PM by yu.yanfeng

mathematical functions and volt nanosec calculation

kbmani

Hi

1. Is it possible to do mathematical function on a waveform ( eg: add/subtract/multiply two waveforms) in hyperlynx tool itself?

2. How to measure the overshoot/undershoot area (Volt . Nanosec) of a waveform in hyperlynx simulation?

Please guide me to meet the requirements.

• 1. Re: mathematical functions and volt nanosec calculation
          yu.yanfeng

Hyperlynx 9.0 have ezwave embedded, so you can do any complex calculation for waves. If you currently use pre 9.0, you have to save waves to .csv files and use excel to do calculation. Also you can use cursors to measure voltage-time.

yanfeng from iphone

• 2. Re: mathematical functions and volt nanosec calculation
            kbmani

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I am able to see voltage as well as current waveforms.

I am able to get csv file for Voltage waveforms. The file contains voltage and time.

But when I create a csv file for current waveform, I am able to save the csv file. But file does not contain any data except header information. I verified this many times in post layout as well as pre layout. Please clarify me why this occurs? I am using Hyperlynx V 8.2.1.

• 3. Re: mathematical functions and volt nanosec calculation
              yu.yanfeng

Just to try save your current wave data in generic format instead of Microsoft CSV. BTW.Hyperlynx Pre 9.0 doesn't support to plot Current wave although you can plot current wave on the buffer location but now with 9.0, you can plot any location's current wave in Ezwave viewer.

I strongly you explore Hyperynx 9.0 features and you will definitely be happy with this great tool. It's a swiss knife every digtital designer have to have it~

Yanfeng