With every release of our software we do our best to validate our graphics engine works as expected on a wide variety of cards and operating systems.
As part of this effort I’d like to ask you for your feedback and comments as to the following questions. It will help us fine tune our hardware base in preparation for the validation of our next major release.
- Are you currently using (or planning to buy soon) workstation class graphics cards (like: NVidia Quadro, AMD FirePro) or consumer class cards (like: NVidia GeForce and AMD Radeon)?
- When buying a card from a given class would you buy the low, middle or high end models?
- Would ExpeditionPCB recommendations be the deciding factor when making a cost/benefit decision or do you use other tools that would move you up either way?
- How often do you use a laptop/mobile graphics card and which vendor?
- Are there any specific card families or models that you would like us to include in our testing?
To give you a feel of where we are today, we have these cards represented in our lab:
- FirePro V7900
- FirePro V5900
- Radeon HD 5830
- Radeon HD 5770
- Quadro 2000
- Quadro 600
- Quadro FX3500
- Quadro NVS295
- GeForce GTX460
- GeForce 7600GT
- Intel (laptops)