3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 12, 2013 7:20 AM by michael.j.holmes

VCCBRAM

michael.j.holmes

Trying to get a Xilinx Kintex part set up in a Schematic Upate process. I have things functioning for the most part- signal updates do their thing- but IOD seems to have no idea what to do with the VCCBRAM power pins, which in my case should be the same as VCCINT. Auto generation of power signal does not touch them. I tried creating a signal for them, but IOD refuses to let me assign anything to the VCCBRAM pins. There is no "VCCBRAM" signal type, and it won't let me assign any other type like VCCINT or VCC. Shift override refuses to override.

If I manually hook them up in DxD, schematic update disconnect them and leaves them floating. Expected, but it at least tells me IOD is aware of them as pins.

Could this be an error all the way down in the library cell? Missing VCCBRAM type? Everything else is available, such as all the different MGT volatges, and even the MGT cal resistor pins. Very complete other than VCCBRAM being conspciuous in its absence.

• 1. Re: VCCBRAM
          cathy_terwedow

I've moved this post from the DxDesigner community to the I/O Designer community, where it will be more likely to be answered.

• 2. Re: VCCBRAM
            terry_penn

Hi Michael,

The missing VCCBRAM and VCCBATT is a known defect and has already been fixed for the next release of IOD. For now you could create your signal as a type of VCCINT or OTHER, use Tools->TypeCompatibility to define that VCCINT or OTHER can be assigned to a VCCBRAM pin, and finally drag the signal onto the pin using the ctrl and shift keys. A tip is to select your VCCBRAM pins in the Pins list and then RMK->ShowOnlySelectedRows, this will make assigning easier.

Cheers
            Terry

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: VCCBRAM
              michael.j.holmes

Thanks for this response. I'll give it a whirl.