12 Replies Latest reply on Mar 31, 2014 7:48 PM by terrance.peiris

Porting Nucleus RTOS to BeagleBone

sreeram.palvadis

Hi All,

I have started porting nucleus RTOS to BeagleBone TI board.But i am not confirm BeagleBoard support Nucleus RTOS

Please can any one clarify this one????????

If it is possible give please  me some suggestions how to start Nucleus RTOS porting to beaglebone board............

Thanks & Regards

Ram

• 1. Re: Porting Nucleus RTOS to BeagleBone
          sreeram.palvadis

HI All,

After spent lot of time ,Finally I have found one link in internet for nucleous porting to begalebone board. I have  Downloaded "Install Evalution - Nucleus Ready strat for AM335x" from following link and installed in win7 host machine.

http://www.mentor.com/embedded-software/readystart/readystart-nucleus-ti/ti-sitara-am335x

But I have  never used this EDGE developement tool so i am not able to build any sample nucleous application on beaglebone.

Please  can any one clarify on following questions

I have two questions:

1. This EDGE developement tool is suitable or not for building nucleus on BeagleBone board.

2. If it is possible How to start this building nucleus using this EDGE developement tools.

Thanks

Ram

• 2. Re: Porting Nucleus RTOS to BeagleBone
            dan_schiro

Hello Ram,

Yes, ReadyStart does have support for the TI BeagleBone.  This BSP can be downloaded from this link:

http://s3.mentor.com/supportnet/board-support-packages/ti_beaglebone_v100.zip

Please note that you will need to use the version of CodeBench that installed with ReadyStart as your build and debug environment.  You do not need to install our older EDGE IDE/Debugger.

Regards,

Dan

• 3. Re: Porting Nucleus RTOS to BeagleBone
              sreeram.palvadis

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your reply,

I have downloaded that beageglebone bsp which you have given . And I have  installed on my ubuntu-11.04 machine

"Sourcery CodeBench Professional Edition for ARM EABI hosted on IA32 GNU/Linux".

But I don't have any document how to start building necleous RTOS ,and run on BeagleBone board.

Can you guide me how to build and load this bsp  on begalebone using this codebench .

Thanks

Ram

• 4. Re: Porting Nucleus RTOS to BeagleBone
                sreeram.palvadis

Hi Dan,

I have tried  building  bsp using sourcery codebench. But I am  getting following message on console.

18:14:07 **** Build of configuration Debug for project bbone ****

make all

make: *** No rule to make target `all'.  Stop.

18:14:07 Build Finished (took 60ms)

Is this correct way to build beaglebone bsp?????????

Thanks

Ram

• 5. Re: Porting Nucleus RTOS to BeagleBone
                  dan_schiro

Hi Ram,

There are a few problems with your setup.  The ReadyStart package is only supported on Windows hosts and you must use the version of CodeSourcery/CodeBench that installs with the package.  The ReadyStart build environment has a special build step called Fuse that configures ReadyStart and the makefiles for building the Nucleus System Project and applicaiton project.

Just to verify, you are using ReadyStart and not the Nucleus Source Code package, correct?  The Nucleus Source Code package is a subset of ReadyStart and provides the source code and a makefile framework that would need to be flushed out per the documentation.

Thanks,

Dan

• 6. Re: Porting Nucleus RTOS to BeagleBone
                    sreeram.palvadis

Hi Dan,

Now I got some idea on codebench IDE by running sample Nucleus Factorial  Application on Stellaries board(LM4F232EK).For this I got Nucleus Samrtfit for Stellaries boards (smartfit_lm4f232ek_v2013.03_0001_eval.zip) from follwing link and follwed sample video for bulding and runnig sample application.

http://www.mentor.com/embedded-software/nucleus/smartfit/

I have attached image(Nucleus.png) with Nucleus application build procedure using codebench IDE,this image has Nucleus sample application (Facorial) and Nucleus system project(Stellaries_board).I have built Nucleus System project using nucleus smartfit for stellaries(smartfit_lm4f232ek_v2013.03_0001_eval.zip ).

By using this Nucleus smartfit for stellaries (smartfit_lm4f232ek_v2013.03_0001_eval.zip ) I am able to running this sample factorial apllication on stellaries board and I got follwing output on console.

factorial(0) = 1

factorial(1) = 1

factorial(2) = 2

factorial(3) = 6

factorial(4) = 24

factorial(5) = 120

factorial(6) = 720

factorial(7) = 5040

factorial(8) = 40320

factorial(9) = 362880

This smartfit for stellaries has all bsp,os,tools and Makefile This you can observe from image which i have attached(Nucleus.png).

Is there any Nucleus smartfit is available for BeagleBone like Nucleus stellaries smartfit to build system project for BeagleBone??????????? Otherwise How I can build Nucleus system project for BeagleBone.

Thanks

Ram

• 7. Re: Porting Nucleus RTOS to BeagleBone
                      dan_schiro

Hi Ram,

You should have installed the Nucleus Innovate package that contains Nucleus ReadyStart, CodeBench, and the CodeSourcery tools.  Then you can apply the BeagleBone BSP to that installation to get a working development, build and debug environment for the BeagleBone.   You should have received an email when you signed up for the Nucleus Innovate program that contains the link to download the Nucleus Innovate package.  You should have also received a seperate email with a license file for the hostid you provided when you signed up for the program.  Do you have these emails and have you downloaded these packages?

Thanks,

Dan

• 8. Re: Porting Nucleus RTOS to BeagleBone
                        sreeram.palvadis

Hi Dan,

I have downlaoded ready start IDE from following link , this asked my mechaine mac address after that i got mail from mentor graphics with licence file.

"http://www.mentor.com/embedded-software/downloads/nucleus-readystart-qemu-evaluation"

But this IDE dont have Nucleus system projet for beaglebone. It is supporting for simulator(ARM) only and it is creating Nucleus system project for QEMU(simulator) automatically.

Can you post web link where i will get exact ide for running nucleus application on BeagleBone.

Thanks

Ram

• 9. Re: Porting Nucleus RTOS to BeagleBone
                          dan_schiro

Hi Ram,

There is no ReadyStart package that is complete for the BeagleBone out of the box. Nucleus ReadyStart is the base platform that you need to apply a specific BSP to in order to have a complete package. You're downloading evaluation packages from our website for specific platforms, but these are not what you need.  I had provided the link to the BeagleBone BSP and I believe you have downloaded that.   Now, to get the right version of Nucleus ReadyStart, have you registered for the Innovate Program?  If you have, you should have received an email the contains a link to download Nucleus ReadyStart.  You will not find this package on the website - it is a hidden link.  If you have not registered for the Nucleus Innovate Program, please do so.

Regards,

Dan

• 10. Re: Porting Nucleus RTOS to BeagleBone
                            sreeram.palvadis

Hi Dan,

Yes, I have downloaded  bsp for BeagleBone from  link which you have posted and i registered "Evalution ReadyStart for ARM simulator" after that i got mail with licence file.

But you are saying  Innovate Program (Ready strat packege) Is this licenced version ?

I need to pay mony for downlaod this Innovate Ready start package???????? Otherwise where I have to register for this innovative Ready start package????

Thanks

Ram

• 11. Re: Porting Nucleus RTOS to BeagleBone
                              sreeram.palvadis

Hi Dan,

Now I am in right direction after adding beaglebone bsp I am able to compiling the Nucleus hello world poject with out make file errors.That application generated .out file also, but during running Nucleus helloworld application I  am getting following error.

" warning: unrecognized item "timeout" in "qSupported" response

Ignoring packet error, continuing...

Ignoring packet error, continuing..."

I have attached my configuration settings(Nucleus1.png) and error while launching(launcherror.png) images

I think missed some configuration and launch settings Please can you tell me  where i am doing misatake while lanching application on beaglebone.

Thanks

Ram

• 12. Re: Porting Nucleus RTOS to BeagleBone
                                terrance.peiris

Hi Ram,  I am in the same situvation as you were in year ago. Please guide me how you did it? +61433997629