4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 22, 2013 12:34 PM by michael.weinberg

DxDesigner Bill Of Materials

grant.downie

Dear Sir/Madam,

What is the procedure to get a BOM from DxDesigner?

I have tried running part lister but that writes out a file with only a couple of entries.

Part Lister output for BACKPLANE

Generated on Thursday, July 18, 2013

#   QTY   Part Number   Description                    Value      Ref Designator

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1    1   G000000145    25MHz/50ppm/18pF/ESR 40R/FUND             Y3          

2   118  PN            1-Position Slide Switch,       ,,,,,,,,,, FB1-FB11,   

1-Position Slide Switch,       ,,,,,,,,,, J1-J79,L1-L4,

1-Position Slide Switch,       ,,,,,,,,,, S1-S8,T1,   

1-Position Slide Switch,       ,,,,,,,,,, U4-U16,Y1,Y2

1-Position Slide Switch,       ,,,,,,,,,,             

1-Position Slide Switch (SPDT) ,,,,,,,,,,             

,                              ,,,,,,,,,,             

1K/0603 (1608)/0A8 Ferrite Bea ,,,,,,,,,,             

d,                             ,,,,,,,,,,             

2-Position Slide Switch (DPDT) ,,,,,,,,,,             

,                              ,,,,,,,,,,             

2:16 Low Additive Jitter LVDS  ,,,,,,,                

Buffer,2u2H/3A,2u2H/3A,                               

2u2H/3A,2u2H/3A,                                      

3-17V 3A Step-Down Converter,

Regards Grant

• 1. Re: DxDesigner Bill Of Materials
          david.hughes3

Hi Grant,

Good news - its really easy.....

When you change the partslister settings in dxDesigner it writes the details to a PartLister.ipl file. You can store this file in a common area and point to it in the DxDesign Project Settings to ensure that everyone always gets the same results.

To change the settings and add other entries  run the PartLister (Tools > PartsLister) and in the Columns tab you can add new properties you want to show, change the order that they appear, concatenate the results etc for each line entry. Use the Help Button to get a better definition of the buttons and switches.

Hope this helps

Dave

• 2. Re: DxDesigner Bill Of Materials
            MENTOR_Shannonk

You may also be experiencing some non-common property troubles.  TechNote mg572026 details the Partlister and has a link to the Converting Non-Common Properties TechNote.

• 3. Re: DxDesigner Bill Of Materials
              greg.toland

Hi All,

Thank you for the suggestions.

Have made some progress. I find that i am missing information for a user defined property for some of the symbols.

After examination i found that i have incorrect property names for some of the symbols. ie field to property name mapping.

I have fixed this, repackaged and ran parts lister again, still no property information.

If i delete the symbol and re-add from DxDatabook the all is good.

The question is...is there a way to globally update symbol properties. I have tried tools -> update other objects but no luck.

#   Part Number   Extel                          Description                                                            Ref Designator

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1  G000000009    98DX161-A3-458-C000            16-Port Gigabit Unmanaged Packet Processor                             U9           

1  G000000011    ERJ-2RKF7502X                  75K/0402 (1005)/0W1/1% Thick Film Resistor                             R98          

1  G000000014                                   4u7F/0603 (1608)/X5R/10V/10% MLCC Capacitor                            C159         

1  G000000014                                   4u7F/0603 (1608)/X5R/10V/10% MLCC Capacitor                            C158         

1  G000000014                                   4u7F/0603 (1608)/X5R/10V/10% MLCC Capacitor                            C157         

1  G000000014                                   4u7F/0603 (1608)/X5R/10V/10% MLCC Capacitor                            C156         

1  G000000014                                   4u7F/0603 (1608)/X5R/10V/10% MLCC Capacitor                            C155

Regards Grant

• 4. Re: DxDesigner Bill Of Materials
                michael.weinberg

Try repackaging with the following options:

Packager with Update and Delete Local Options.JPG