4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 23, 2013 10:56 AM by ccrawford

license issue: new license file but port is in use

ccrawford

I was trying to point it to a new license file @ port 1717 (Site_3109593.txt), but it says the port is in use. Do you know another port I can use to run FloEFD with this new file?

The following FLEXlm errors were found:

Server C:\Documents and Settings\ccrawford\My Documents\FloEFD\3109593_0023AE591560.txt: Feature has expired.

Feature:       efdpro

Expire date:   7-sep-2012

License path:  C:\Documents and Settings\ccrawford\My Documents\FloEFD\3109593_0023AE591560.txt;

FLEXnet Licensing error:-10,32

For further information, refer to the FLEXnet Licensing documentation,

available at "www.acresso.com".

Server C:\Documents and Settings\ccrawford\My Documents\FloEFD\3109593_0023AE591560.txt: Feature has expired.

Expire date:   7-sep-2012

License path:  C:\Documents and Settings\ccrawford\My Documents\FloEFD\3109593_0023AE591560.txt;

FLEXnet Licensing error:-10,32

Server C:\flexlm\license.dat: Cannot find license file.

The license files (or license server system network addresses) attempted are

listed below.  Use LM_LICENSE_FILE to use a different license file,

or contact your software provider for a license file.

Filename:      C:\flexlm\license.dat

License path:  C:\flexlm\license.dat;

FLEXnet Licensing error:-1,359.  System Error: 2 "No such file or directory"

• 1. Re: license issue: new license file but port is in use
          rachel.stanley

Stop the license manager using lmtools then restart. That will clear your issue.

Rachel

• 2. Re: license issue: new license file but port is in use
            ccrawford

Thanks, I got that to work now I have another issue. I had the program running fine until I tried to run the calculation by putting the solver on antoher machine. My license is node locked and I am unsure as to why I am getting an error.

The following FLEXlm errors were found:

Server C:\Documents and Settings\ccrawford\My Documents\FloEFD\Site_3109593.txt: License server machine is down or not responding.

See the system adminstrator about starting the license server system, or

make sure you're referring to the right host (see LM_LICENSE_FILE).

Hostname:      put_server_name_here

License path:  C:\Documents and Settings\ccrawford\My Documents\FloEFD\Site_3109593.txt;

FLEXnet Licensing error:-96,7.  System Error: 11004 "WinSock: Valid name, but no record (NO_ADDRESS)"

Server C:\Documents and Settings\ccrawford\My Documents\FloEFD\Site_3109593.txt: License server machine is down or not responding.

See the system adminstrator about starting the license server system, or

make sure you're referring to the right host (see LM_LICENSE_FILE).

Hostname:      put_server_name_here

License path:  C:\Documents and Settings\ccrawford\My Documents\FloEFD\Site_3109593.txt;

FLEXnet Licensing error:-96,7.  System Error: 11004 "WinSock: Valid name, but no record (NO_ADDRESS)"

Server C:\flexlm\license.dat: Cannot find license file.

The license files (or license server system network addresses) attempted are

listed below.  Use LM_LICENSE_FILE to use a different license file,

or contact your software provider for a license file.

Filename:      C:\flexlm\license.dat

License path:  C:\flexlm\license.dat;

FLEXnet Licensing error:-1,359.  System Error: 2 "No such file or directory"

• 3. Re: license issue: new license file but port is in use
              david_leslie

Hi,

Firstly, if you have a nodelocked license, then FloEFD and the solver can only run on that one PC.

However, I think you have a floating license for FloEFD.  You can check this by looking at the license file.  If there is no "HOSTID=" entry in the "INCREMENT efdsolver" section, then it is a floating license.

While you have the license file open, take a look at the SERVER line.  This will look something like:

SERVER  myserver  001234567890  1717

Here, "myserver" is the name of the machine the license server running the license server (yours will contain your server name), and 1717 is the "port" it is running on.

Now on the second machine - that you are trying to use as the solver - you will need to set a variable (MGLS_LICENSE_FILE) to point to the license server.  Either set the environment variable MGLS_LICENSE_FILE=1717@myserver (but using your server name and port number!) or you can use the license wizard to set the variable:

Start > Programs > FloEFD xx > Tools > License Wizard

Regards,

David

• 4. Re: license issue: new license file but port is in use
                ccrawford

Thanks David.

Looks like I do have a floating license. I guess the issue is more that I installed the solver wrong on the other machine (I didnt use the license tool or try and set a variable for the license file). I used the same license file copied to a different location. So I think I may have messed something up. I tried uninstalling it on both computers and reinstalling it but no luck so far.

It seemed like it was looking for the liscense file here so i copied the .dat to this folder (C:\flexlm) and it seemed to come up for one second with the flow analysis menu before disappearing. It also didnt give an error code after this unlike before.

Connor