8 Replies Latest reply on Feb 26, 2015 5:45 AM by robert_davies

Selection Filter Automation

mjohnson

Is it possible to automate selection filter settings through automation? I'd like to set keybindings to quickly change the filter.

• 1. Re: Selection Filter Automation
          david.hughes3

Hi - Try this......

Edit the following files that are to be stored in the installation folder: eg D:\ee795\7.9.5EE\SDD_HOME\standard

File 1:     vdbindings.vbs.txt

File 2:     exped_wvo.vbs.txt

Add the following line to the end of each of these files:

Bindings("Stroke").AddStroke "32147", "ViewSelectionFilter"

This will add a middle mouse button stroke for 32147 assigned to the Selection Filter

Hope this helps

Dave

• 2. Re: Selection Filter Automation
            frank.henne

Hi,

this does open the dialog only - isn't it possible to directly change the filter settings?

I did not find 'filter' in dxdesignerautomationoverview.pdf

Best regards

Frank

• 3. Re: Selection Filter Automation
              mjohnson

David,

Thank you, but I'm looking to change individual settings. For example, perhaps I want to hit a key and change the filter to only allow selection of symbols, or names.

• 4. Re: Selection Filter Automation
                s.kofler

Hello,

I am also looking for a solution to press a key and change the filter.

For example in PADS Layout/Router its much easier/faster to change the filter. There I also can use the macro recorder....

Its not possible to write a script that selects: Name,Net and Bus, Property, Symbol....

Another that only selects Symbol...

Another that selects Arc,Box,Circle,Line....

• 5. Re: Selection Filter Automation
                  avjohn

Is there a way to control the Selection Filter settings using automation in a VBScript?  I have a script that given a REFDES and a pin number will go through the schematic and find the part and pin number, then zoom in on the pin.  The problem is, we normally have the "Pin" box in the Selection Filter unchecked so the script find the pin but doesn't zoom in on the pin number.  The "Pin" box has to be selected in order for the script to work.

Is there any way before the zoom happens to change the Selection Filter and "check" the "Pin" box via Automation?

Tony

• 6. Re: Selection Filter Automation
                    kendall_hiles

Here is a video for you on the AATK functionality

-kendall.

• 7. Re: Selection Filter Automation
                      markus.reich

I think the author was looking for a script which can be used in DxDesigner (at least that is the reason why I'm following this thread).

However this Expedition script seems also interesting.

• 8. Re: Selection Filter Automation
                        robert_davies

We are working on enhancements to the Selection Filter for VX.2. If you are using VX.1 you will see there are two filter buttons, one that allows you to create specific filters and the regular Selection Filter. This is a step in the right direction but not ideal. In VX.2 we have finessed this so the 'schemes' are available in the regular filter. Hopefully this will negate your need to automate this:

A sneak preview is attached: The scheme names are user definable, the list you see are my personal preferences.