3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 13, 2013 1:47 AM by Navaneeth.Konka

DSI Issue- Wire Size Position

Navaneeth.Konka

Hi,

As per the DSI Specification Document, it is infered that the fifth position is Wire CSA data.

So when I import the DSI into my circuit schematics in VeSys Classic, this position is not checked.

The DSI which we have contains the Wire CSA in fifth position but this is not checked, instead its checking the third position value.

A detailed document is done, please find the attachement.

Please let me know why this occurs.

Thanks & Regards,

-Navaneeth K

• 1. Re: DSI Issue- Wire Size Position
          Navaneeth.Konka

Please can anyone tell why this occurs?
          I ask this because everytime i need to update the third position with wire size attribute.

Thanks & Regards,

-Navaneeth K

• 2. Re: DSI Issue- Wire Size Position
            Nuri

Hi,

Where did the DSI file come from? As I recall VeSys Classic Design did not fully support the DSI according to the specification, it could handle DSI files that were generated from VeSys Classic Design but not from other tools.  Moving forward, you should be looking at VeSys 2.0 which is kept in line with Capital.

Note there is a preference which allows VeSys Classic Harness to produce Capital compatible DSI files.. however that preference does not affect VeSys Classic Design (it was added to enhance the migration to VeSys 2.0 and Capital).

Kind Regards,

Nuri

• 3. Re: DSI Issue- Wire Size Position
              Navaneeth.Konka

Hi Nuri,

Thanks for your reply

The DSI's were generated from the Cap H Classic by Harness supplier.

We import these DSI's to check the connectivity as per our schematics.

As said by you that VeSys Classic Design did not fully support the DSI according to the specification.
              I have done a trail by exporting DSI from schematics in VeSys Classic and I observe that the DSI generated from VeSys Classic does not follow the DSI spec.

We have Capital also but for few projects we are still using the same platform.

Anyways it was a good information.

Regards,

-Navaneeth K