2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 25, 2013 5:34 AM by charles.ietswaard1

Moving/placing a drawing cell into the design.

charles.ietswaard1

Hello All,

I'm trying to find a way to place and/or move a drawing cell into the design.

Dwg = "A3_DWG"

set CellsCol = pcbdoc.cells                                                                                '  Collect all the cells in the design

For Each Cell in CellsCol                                                                               '  Search for the Drawing in the Cell Collection

if Cell.Name = Dwg Then                                                                           '  And When found

set CompsColl = Cell.components                                                       '  Get the component that the drawing belongs to

for each Comp in CompsColl

if Comp.Placed = true Then                                                            ' If the cell is placed then

Call Comp.Move(FrameX, FrameY, epcbUnitCurrent)                    ' move it to the correct position

Else                                                                                             ' If the cell is not placed in the design

call pcbDoc.PutComponent(Dwg, False, FrameX, FrameY, 0)       ' Place it in the design

End If

Next

End if

Next  

When the drawing is already placed in the design, it is moved to the X,Y position defined by FrameX and FrameY.  When the cell is in the design, but not placed I want to place it.

But it appears to be not possible with the PutComponent method, although no warnings/errors are issued

Any hints to put me in the right direction?

Regards, Charles