10 Replies Latest reply on Oct 11, 2013 6:37 AM by Nuri

Bugs in Reports

MalcolmB

Hey guys,

Just have a couple of little things that occur within generated reports (both wire lists and bill of materials). They're a little bit annoying as I have to manually change them in the report before sending it off to the cutting machines.

I have part numbers that include a double space. In reports, this changes to a single space.

I've specified a set of wires to be 1.13mm. In reports, this changes to "1.12".

Is there an easy way for me to fix this?

Thanks,

Malcolm

• 1. Re: Bugs in Reports
          Nuri

Hi,

The report should not be altering the part number (removing spaces), perhaps the font within the report is doing some width compression (I think there are two kinds of fonts on a system "fixed width" and "variable width" - the "fixed width" fonts produce characters that are the same width whereas "variable width" fonts, which are default adjusts the character width).  When you save your report as HTML and open it within Excel can you verify that the double space is still there?

As for the printed CSA - I think that is a bug, could you raise an SR# with Support?  It should be a simple fix.

Also, you can write your own custom reports for VeSys 2.0 - http://communities.mentor.com/docs/DOC-2012.

Thanks,

Nuri

• 2. Re: Bugs in Reports
            MalcolmB

Hi Nuri,

Yes I can confirm that it is only a single space when opening within excel (I open them in excel so I can send it to the cutter).

Cheers,

• 3. Re: Bugs in Reports
              Nuri

OK - when you raise the SR they should be able to look at why the double space is being lost.

• 4. Re: Bugs in Reports
                ted.wilson

Hi Nuri,

the problem with the double space is that the report is in HTML which renders multiple spaces as one space.

Therefore, even though the HTML file generated has the correct number of spaces, only one space is shown on the screen and only one space is imported into Excel.

The only way I know to fix this is to add the HTML <pre> tag to preserve spaces in the table data entries e.g.   <td><pre>Wire      Name</pre></td> .

Unfortunately this seems to cause merged cells to be created when imported into Excel.

It would be really useful to have a CSV output option!

Regards

Ted

• 5. Re: Bugs in Reports
                  Nuri

Hi Ted,

I too agree that "save as CSV" in VeSys 2.0 would be good... would you create that as an IDEA (if one doesn't already exist).  As for the double space in the part name... can I ask why is that needed?

Thanks,
                  Nuri

• 6. Re: Bugs in Reports
                    MalcolmB

Hi Nuri,

The double space is needed as that's what the part names have in our accounting and wire cutting machine software.

Cheers,

• 7. Re: Bugs in Reports
                      ted.wilson

Hi Nuri,

the IDEA already exists...

Provide export of embedded reports in Logic/Harness XC and others also in CSV format

D11252  Category: Capital  Submitted by Carl Oct 26 2012  Status: Received

however the solution suggested has the same white space problem.

Regards

Ted

• 8. Re: Bugs in Reports
                        Nuri

Did you raise a service request on SupportNet, if so what is the SR number?

Thanks,

Nuri

• 9. Re: Bugs in Reports
                          MalcolmB

# 2584262861

• 10. Re: Bugs in Reports
                            Nuri

I have added a note to the defect, describing both issues.

Kind Regards,

Nuri