2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 16, 2013 3:14 PM by brendan.hanna

Codebench suppport for Segger J-link

brendan.hanna

Hello All,

I am working with a ReadyStart Arm (2013.03) package to build an application for the beaglebone. I have an application compiling and linking and would like to try it out on the hardware.

I have a Segger J-Link jtag device that is communicating with the beaglebone using the tool supplied by Segger. I can also get the codebench debug sprite to identify the J-Link device. It would be much more efficient to be able to download code to to the beaglebone and debug it from within Codebench.

When debugging an application (as a Nucleus application) I am only presented with two options for the debug interface - the sourcery probe and the nucleus debug agent (not the J-Link). It would be nice to have Codebench auto detect the J-Link and provide it as an option as well.

Resulting from my situation I have a couple of questions:

- Is there any support for the Segger J-Link under the Codebench GUI?

- Are there any tools to automatically convert the sourcery probe init scripts (.maj files) to scripts supported by J-Link

- If there is no conversion tool, where would I find a document describing the semantics of the sourcery probe init scripts (.maj files)  so I can do the conversion myself.

Thanks,

Brendan