2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 22, 2013 12:55 PM by lalexman

DX designer - Expedition to PADS [ *.asc ] output

gopalraj_orca

Initially while starting the schematic i used Expedition option for creating schematic. Now i need to extract Ascii [*.asc] file for importing the netlist into pads.

Is that possible?

Please anyone help on this topic

• 1. Re: DX designer - Expedition to PADS [ *.asc ] output
          robert_davies

Only if you started with a netlist project that was targeting  Expedition. If you started with an integrated Expedition project then  you cannot do this directly. If you started with an integrated Expedition project from File - New project - Expedtion, or Expedition from the Tasks section of the start page then you will need to create a new Netlist project and then cut and paste the schematics from the Expedition project into this new one. You will then have to check and possibly correct properties so they match the expected properties for a netlist project.

If you started with a netlist project then change the target PCB system in Setup - Settings - Project - Layout Tool.

• 2. Re: DX designer - Expedition to PADS [ *.asc ] output
            lalexman

Hi Robert,

I had the same problem. Copy paste pages does not change the properties  so they work correctly with the Pads netlist interface.

I tied the Setup - Settings - Project - Layout Tool but that option is not available in an expedition netlist.