If using Library Manager then use the context menu from the Navigator - Open the symbol partition and use the delete option on the Right Mouse Button. If using PADS or a third party netlist flow then from windows explorer as you have done and if DxDesigner is open when you do this refresh the library by either running Tools - Update Libraries or close and re-open the project.
Sorry, no dice.
Note this is for a Hetero 3 device. I'm just trying to delete one of the fractures and then create a new one by the same name - the old one is currupt and Symbol Editor cannot open it. Here is what I did:
1. went to explorer and deleted all occurances of BANK_VCCINT.1
2. Tool/update libraries as you instructed
3. quit DxDesgner
4. started up again and tried to create a new libray symbol named BANK_VCCINT using Symbol Editor, get error message "Symbol BANK_VCCINT already exisits".
5. deleted main library "Xilinx_H3" and added it again
6. repeated sptes 2 - 4, problems persists.
Any other suggestions?
Does it work if you give it a different name? One you haven't used before?